Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have the MBRP race and the first day or two, the exhaust was ear piercing loud. After this break in period, it quieted down a lot. You can hardly hear it on the highway while cruising until you press the fun pedal more or go up a hill. At idle, it's DEEP sounding. That has never changed. It's pretty deep for a 4 cylinder car throughout the Rev range. I've gotten compliments from people on my MBRP saying how throaty it sounded.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
thoughts on mbrp race series exhaust vs solo exhaust cat back
I have Solo TB and LOVE it. I get compliments on it everywhere, I go, too. I enjoy the "what's in that thing?" game, which I get a lot, too. It's so deep, people can't figure out how many cylinders it has. :headbonk:

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
hmm I wish the solo exhaust had a christmas sale going on : < ended up going with the MBRP race exhaust one of the vendors had the SS version on sale for 470 shipped couldn't pass that up.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

hmm I wish the solo exhaust had a christmas sale going on : < ended up going with the MBRP race exhaust one of the vendors had the SS version on sale for 470 shipped couldn't pass that up.
It sounds good, you won't be disappointed. But wow! That's a better price than what I got on Black Friday. You got a heck of a deal.

Sponsored

lightNfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Red Ecoboost 6sp
I have the MBRP race and the first day or two, the exhaust was ear piercing loud. After this break in period, it quieted down a lot. You can hardly hear it on the highway while cruising until you press the fun pedal more or go up a hill. At idle, it's DEEP sounding. That has never changed. It's pretty deep for a 4 cylinder car throughout the Rev range. I've gotten compliments from people on my MBRP saying how throaty it sounded.

Did anyone else find this to be true? I just installed it and I'm curious if it will mild out at all. It has nice a deep tone in the low rpms but gets a little ricer'er than I thought it would mid range. Great turbo noise on the high end. I've only put about 30 miles on it. It still smells like welding flux but wondering when it would "break in" if that's common.

Rca4697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
30 miles.. still new let it sit in. I have the race and love it compared to others out there. As for the rice sound at mid range, it's not that ricey to me. My brother in law has the magnaflow and when he gets to mid range it does sound ricey. Especially with the BOV. :)
It would be great to gather several people with different set ups and listen to them in person because some of these videos do no help and I'm sure they sound way better. Like the solo system, from what I read, it's awesome.

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
Have not read this entire thread...

but does anyone have a clip of a single exit exhaust? 1 pipe going to 2 mufflers seems overly pricey, heavy, and way more for show than go to me

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Here are videos of our ETS Exhaust:

ETS 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang Exhaust System w/ 3.0" Downpipe and Extreme Y-pipe (Above)

ETS 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang Exhaust System w/ 3.0" Downpipe and Muffler Y-pipe (Above)

ETS Exhaust Link

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
From muffler delete to SOLO Performance Catback

First mod 1 year ago was to get rid of the soundless, ugly stock mufflers. Couldn't make up my mind to improve on the exhaust note. Decided on the SOLO Catback. Installed today. Much deeper, refined sound. Makes it feel like it is a new car. A deeper interior sound- more pronounced when rowing the gears. I like it. Interstate speed- rather quiet.
4 1/2" SS tips look great.
Actually, I could live with a little louder and a few more pops/crackle. Though when I rev it or put the pedal down and shift(manual- of course) it is sweet.
Had a friend drive and I audio recorded. Fantastic. Wish I could hear it more when I am behind the wheel.
As far as being louder, I have to admit at age 73, my hearing isn't what it use to be. I blame it on my 21 years in the Army and the noisey howitzers, or too many rock concerts.
Super customer service from SOLO. I would post videos but am technically challenged and there are a few on You Tube. Definetly deeper than the videos I have listened to. Geez, I hate to end a sentence with a preposition.
Thanks for letting me share. Nick

Last edited:

Sponsored

wowstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP w/ Recaros
I took this video shortly before I removed my exhaust. The Cobb turned out to have too much drone on the highway for me. Nonetheless very entertaining to have on the car for about 9 months. [ame]

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
still nobody with the Solo axle back? Curious to see how much leaving the factory resonator in place changes the sound of the exhaust.

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
still nobody with the Solo axle back? Curious to see how much leaving the factory resonator in place changes the sound of the exhaust.
When I talked with SOLO about the axle back and told them I currently was running with a stock muffler delete they advised I probably wouldn't notice too much difference. Went with the cat back and have not been disappointed. Deep, mellow, but when you hammer it, it sounds like a real car. Getting rid of the suitcase stock resonator lightens the load a little:) Nick

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
[MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION] (or any other suppliers for that matter) I was wondering if you have any product recommendations? I am looking at having a muffler shop do a "custom" job vs purchasing a MF competition series Cat-back and having them install it. I will probably end up just having them take off the resonator and do a Y pipe into two *TBD* mufflers.

I have watched videos on just about every cat-back system out there I think which is how I came to desire the competition series, as it seems to have that nice low rumble I want and isn't too "fart can" like up in the higher rev range. Though I have only heard the MBRP exhaust in person (thanks [MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION]) which sounded great in the low range (unfortunately its impolite to rev in the parking lot at C&C so didn't get to hear much else).

Is there any way to tell what sound effect a given setup with yield? Specifically thinking Y-Pipe to duel mufflers -vs- replacement resonator (AKA a 1 in 2 out muffler from what I gather? Please correct me if I'm wrong) to only pipes out -vs- new resonator+duel mufflers. Also how much does the pipe bends and shape effect the sound?

I guess bottom line is do any people or manufacturers (looking at you [MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION]) have any recommendations for components for this build even if its not officially supported? Sorry for all the ranting and rambling, short, cohesive speech is not a strength of mine (or proofreading for that matter).

PS: I was browsing the forums while typing this and just saw the "custom EB exhaust" thread as I was finishing my novel here so I decided to just post it here anyway as I figured this thread was more popular. Sorry for any irritation that causes anyone. :headbonk:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
[MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION] (or any other suppliers for that matter) I was wondering if you have any product recommendations? I am looking at having a muffler shop do a "custom" job vs purchasing a MF competition series Cat-back and having them install it. I will probably end up just having them take off the resonator and do a Y pipe into two *TBD* mufflers.

I have watched videos on just about every cat-back system out there I think which is how I came to desire the competition series, as it seems to have that nice low rumble I want and isn't too "fart can" like up in the higher rev range. Though I have only heard the MBRP exhaust in person (thanks [MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION]) which sounded great in the low range (unfortunately its impolite to rev in the parking lot at C&C so didn't get to hear much else).

Is there any way to tell what sound effect a given setup with yield? Specifically thinking Y-Pipe to duel mufflers -vs- replacement resonator (AKA a 1 in 2 out muffler from what I gather? Please correct me if I'm wrong) to only pipes out -vs- new resonator+duel mufflers. Also how much does the pipe bends and shape effect the sound?

I guess bottom line is do any people or manufacturers (looking at you [MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION]) have any recommendations for components for this build even if its not officially supported? Sorry for all the ranting and rambling, short, cohesive speech is not a strength of mine (or proofreading for that matter).

PS: I was browsing the forums while typing this and just saw the "custom EB exhaust" thread as I was finishing my novel here so I decided to just post it here anyway as I figured this thread was more popular. Sorry for any irritation that causes anyone. :headbonk:
I'm not sure I could follow what you're asking for. It sounded like you want a y-pipe instead of a resonator and the Magnaflow competition exhaust? If that's the case, you want the Magnaflow Competition Catback. It doesn't have the resonator. Plus, you don't need a shop to install it, it's super easy. You just take the clamp on the engine side of the resonator off, drop the exhaust from the hangers and slide the whole thing out as 1. Then install the Magnaflow. No custom = less money. Did I understand it wrong?

Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back Exhaust - Black Tips (15-17 EcoBoost)
Sponsored