Sponsored

New Ecoboost owner, need some help

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hi there, I just bought a 2017 Ecoboost US spec for a good price and need some advice on parts codes.
What will be the code for a new remote key, as on ebay (.com, as I will buy it from there) there are more of 5 buttons?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hi there, I just bought a 2017 Ecoboost US spec for a good price and need some advice on parts codes.
What will be the code for a new remote key, as on ebay (.com, as I will buy it from there) there are more of 5 buttons?
It looks like the remote question will be solved buying a ebay one and trying with the dealer to code on my car.

New question, anybody know the codes for the fuses and relays on out Mustang? Not just Ford part no. but also common name or a source for them.

Thanks guys!

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Thank you, that's perfect!
The fuse types are : J-case fuses , M-case fuses , Micro fuses.

Sponsored

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Anybody can help me with a picture of the right headlight connector? Mine is missing and don't know which wire is coming where (it's a 16 pin connector, only 7 are wired).

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Since you have an EcoBoost, here is a forum dedicated specifically to that car. I have found it very informative. Hope this also helps.

http://www.mustangecoboost.net

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
One problem... for some reason I have to remove the front engine harmonic balancer and the front timing cover. Anybody know if the bolt that holds the balancer to the crankshaft is normal thread (unbolt to the left) or not? Thank you!

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
One problem... for some reason I have to remove the front engine harmonic balancer and the front timing cover. Anybody know if the bolt that holds the balancer to the crankshaft is normal thread (unbolt to the left) or not? Thank you!
Be careful, the crank shaft is not keyed, so if the timing chain sprocket or the balancer itself shifts relative to the crank, your timing will be off.

OP
OP

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
I just started my Ecoboost a few days ago and today drove it the first hundreds meters .
One question, I see the cylinder head temperature going to 96-98 C degrees (205-208 F), and the fan didn't start , is it normal ? What is the kick in temperature for the fan on the Ecoboost?

Edit: the fan kick in on 102 C degrees and due to my Mishimoto radiator it goes to 86 C in a minute.
Sponsored

Last edited: