Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I just installed a VDO mechanical boost gauge. It works well although the response is not what I expected. I tapped into vac before the check valve (same source for BOV)

I'd like to illuminate the gauge but the CAN Bus system is making this difficult. Does anyone know a nice place to tap into 12vdc inside the cabin? Better yet, dimmer switch!

I may change the gauge to an electronic boost gauge and place the sensor somewhere in the engine bay so the boost reference distance is shorter. Thoughts?

Side note: I got around to testing the TQ booster kit. There is more tq with a 3.33 at altitude. I believe the wastegate spring is at 10 psi. I ordered an 11 pound spring to bring me back up to the same boost I was producing at peak RPM with a 3.6.

I logged the car and was happy to see that fuel and timing were within norm. NO know what so ever and the car was adding timing as needed. Peak timing at 7250 rpm was around 16-17 degs on 91 at 5500 ft elevation. Our fuel quality is decent her in Colorado. Car pulls like a raped ape! I may keep the car although everything is for sale at the right price. I've bitten the high horse power evo game recently.
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There are other threads on here regarding where the 12VDC hook up are. From memory, I think most people went to the passenger side kickbox fuse tap. I believe it was fuse number 36 or 37 or 39??? I am still looking for the dimmer tap also, but got a hint from another member that it is a purple wire on the back of your headlight knob controls (left side of your steering wheel console). I am waiting on good weather to test it, but haven't seen some good sun yet.

OP
OP
Inigo

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
There are other threads on here regarding where the 12VDC hook up are. From memory, I think most people went to the passenger side kickbox fuse tap. I believe it was fuse number 36 or 37 or 39??? I am still looking for the dimmer tap also, but got a hint from another member that it is a purple wire on the back of your headlight knob controls (left side of your steering wheel console). I am waiting on good weather to test it, but haven't seen some good sun yet.
I put a meter on 32-36 at the kickpanel when the car was in the "ON" but not started position. No voltage.

I meters the black/violet wire on the dimmer. No voltage.

I then tested my meter lol. Meter works fine.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to check out my build thread I did an install of 3 gauges. The dimmer wire is definitely the purple wire off the back of the headlight switch. Here are the fuses you will want to tap for constant and switched.

#15 Yellow from gauges = constant
#36 Red wire from gauges = switched

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I put a meter on 32-36 at the kickpanel when the car was in the "ON" but not started position. No voltage.

I meters the black/violet wire on the dimmer. No voltage.

I then tested my meter lol. Meter works fine.
Hmmmm, I found some of my notes and it is fuse number 36. That fuse should be live when you push the start button and engine not on. As for the dimmer, I was told its the purple wire in the corner and not the middle ones. I will have to try it myself, but like I said, won't be until good weather. Most like;y next weekend I can get to it.

Where is the black/violet located?

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you want to check out my build thread I did an install of 3 gauges. The dimmer wire is definitely the purple wire off the back of the headlight switch. Here are the fuses you will want to tap for constant and switched.

#15 Yellow from gauges = constant
#36 Red wire from gauges = switched
There you go lol :D :cheers:

Jmeo helped me out before too, but I have yet to tackle it lol.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
U should be able to find the dimmer buy looking up a diagram for the pp guages.Use your meter and see what wire changes voltage as light brightens/dims and u have your wire for your dimmer.Even if u dont have pp i imagine the wires are still their.

OP
OP
Inigo

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I'd like to wire it off the dimmer. I wasn't able to find both power and ground off the switch.
Sponsored