GT350 trans overheating resolved?

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Just finished a day at MSR. Weather was perfect, 78 degrees and sunny. Installed the Shelby transmission scoop I suppose it help, a little. Got about a 20min session in before limp mode. Better than just a few laps but the killer is that the car cut power right when when I was really getting in to my rhythm. I hope Ford fixes asap.
That trans scoop is a broken shovel ( No handle )
Sponsored

Last edited:

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That trans scoop is a broken shovel ( No handle )
No doubt. Was really hoping it was going to pull me through the entire session. Any chance to track near the coming Texas summer days is out of the question no doubt.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Just finished a day at MSR. Weather was perfect, 78 degrees and sunny. Installed the Shelby transmission scoop I suppose it help, a little. Got about a 20min session in before limp mode. Better than just a few laps but the killer is that the car cut power right when when I was really getting in to my rhythm. I hope Ford fixes asap.
Get the new Ford Performance transmission cooler (a real cooler with a pump and oil to air heat exchanger), not that useless scoop.

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Get the new Ford Performance transmission cooler (a real cooler with a pump and oil to air heat exchanger), not that useless scoop.
I wasn't aware that there was a Ford Performance solve for the tech cars. Understood that you had to replace the transmission to add this kit. At $700 this seems to be a reasonable solve if al it involves is retrofitting the existing transmission.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
You will still need to add a pump, fittings, switch and relay/wiring.

All in you should be around $1k if u install it yourself.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
So the Viper is sold and my plan was to find a used GT350 and just enjoy driving a car that attracts a little less attention.

Then I start reading about all the transmission temperature problems. And if I am reading the various threads correctly; this has been corrected in '17 model but the '15-'16 is awaiting a part that may not be available until later this year?

Is this correct?
Required reading :lol:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55937

The Ford 'fix' options get released somewhere around pages 90-110 if memory serves me right. Also do a search on cooler and you'll find tons of information.

tldukestang

tldukestang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
OK - so there are a bunch of aftermarket and "OEM" solutions for the 2015-2016 base tech cars, but what about finding someone to actually install one of the solutions? I am not comfortable doing something like this myself but can any Ford garage install the OEM transmission and differential kit and provide a pump or do I need to find an actual Ford Performance garage? I am located in central Wi and would gladly pay for the installation but want to better understand my options for installation. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. It is in storage now but would like to schedule the cooler solutions before the summer track season starts.
Sponsored