natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Has an adaptor for this been made yet for those of us that had the TSB done already thinking that Ford would fix what they sold us? I have a garage now so actually have somewhere to work on my car myself instead of Ford.
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
EU member with EU model GT here.

Had the TSB applied to my car, which removed the really bad 'hot spots', but still didnt provide cool air.

After the threat of legal action ive had the price of the option ($500 USD) refunded by the supplying dealer.

Shame Ford cant just build what they advertise!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
And after another month of waiting, the money finally arrived in my account today.

So thats me fully refunded for the option price of the cooled seats. €496 (so approx $550 USD).

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
And after another month of waiting, the money finally arrived in my account today.

So thats me fully refunded for the option price of the cooled seats. €496 (so approx $550 USD).
Lucky you. I was told to pound sand, even to pay the difference and upgrade to Recaros.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The dealership ate the $500, not Ford. No way Ford would ever give anyone a refund for something that doesn't work.

After the threat of legal action ive had the price of the option ($500 USD) refunded by the supplying dealer.

Shame Ford cant just build what they advertise!

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
The dealership ate the $500, not Ford. No way Ford would ever give anyone a refund for something that doesn't work.
My dealership wouldn't even listen, they just punted me straight to their useless CSRs.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My dealership wouldn't even listen, they just punted me straight to their useless CSRs.
I'm actually very surprised his dealership gave him money back since it's not the dealership's design or production ... it's Ford's. Dealer probably didn't want any hassles and just folded and forked over the money. I bet there isn't one dealership here that would even listen you anyone about a refund, as you've found out first hand.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I'm actually very surprised his dealership gave him money back since it's not the dealership's design or production ... it's Ford's. Dealer probably didn't want any hassles and just folded and forked over the money. I bet there isn't one dealership here that would even listen you anyone about a refund, as you've found out first hand.
Probably because European dealers still care about customer satisfaction and retention.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Probably because European dealers still care about customer satisfaction and retention.
Not at all, at least the vast majority of them. He has an over-the-average dealer..
Mine didn't know anything about the car, didn't care at all about mustangs or customers but I had to go to him because it's the nearest I have (about 70 kms from me).

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
All communication was done via Ford HQ in my home country, but you are right, the refund eventually came from the dealer (as that is how contract law works here in the EU).... maybe the dealer will claim something back from Ford, but I doubt it.

At the same time, I also had Ford repaint the underside of the car with the rust-protection (because they only did a 1/2-assed job), that WAS paid directly by Ford, and not the dealer.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I can assure you that there will be NO fix to the lack of cooling in the seats during this model run! Even the DIY guys no longer comment on their attempts to fix it. Just relax and know that Ford double charged you for heated seats.

Darko66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I got the run around by a few dealers saying the seats operate as designed. and no problem existed. Ford finally sent a field service engneer he could not find anything wrong. But he said there was a software update for the computer that controls the seat heating/cooling. After the update the seats "magically" work now. At no time did ford admit there was a problem but hey it works now so I'll take it.
Untitled.jpg

Darko66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I got the run around by a few dealers saying the seats operate as designed. and no problem existed. Ford finally sent a field service engneer he could not find anything wrong. But he said there was a software update for the computer that controls the seat heating/cooling. After the update the seats "magically" work now. At no time did ford admit there was a problem but hey it works now so I'll take it.
Interesting.

Cobra Jet had posted on my DIY thread about some sort of update for the 2016 Lincoln MKX. I assume it's the same thing. I wonder what they actually did.

I'll have to see if they'll do the update when I go and get my door latch recall done and see if I can figure out what the change was. Hopefully the OBD II scanner software will provide some clues.
Sponsored