corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The auto blip has been available as a stock feature in many other cars. Its not faking anything just leveling the field,
"Faking" might apply in cases where you know an Auto-blip is being used by somebody who doesn't even know what rev-matching is (let alone how to do it even without the full heel-toe). There are people who do lift-foot downshifts, and finish them off by easing the clutch pedal back up to avoid little tire screeches. Some of them even own cars specifically expected to see road course time. I'm not making any of this up.

I think the reason it's available as a stock feature is because the mfrs have recognized that a majority of the people these days expect everything in their lives to be easy and convenient. Heaven forbid that acquiring some individual skill be required in the current climate of "you're incompetent by definition so just let us do it for you".

To me, automating any part of conventional 3-pedal MT shifting philosophically amounts to giving it a nudge toward AT driving.

some people turn the nannies off some don't feel comfortable doing so, are they faking car control?
If they're driving hard enough to frequently invoke nanny "we just covered your ass . . . again, you moron" actions, yes they would be.

Norm
Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Well I cannot wait to get auto blip, to fake it. I am looking forward to a day at the track and not being in escruciating pain after the second session and my brakes being less heated.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
If they're driving hard enough to frequently invoke nanny "we just covered your ass . . . again, you moron" actions, yes they would be.

Norm
If the nannies keep people from starring in youtube videos wrecks, good for them. The ones plowing into crowds with nannies off maybe the ones faking some thing. All I am saying is let's not blame people for taking advantage of modern technology if it improves their experience

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If the nannies keep people from starring in youtube videos wrecks, good for them. The ones plowing into crowds with nannies off maybe the ones faking some thing.
Like I said before,
Only difference being that for these Cars & Coffee & Crowds wrecks, "frequently" need only be a single instance.

I have zero respect for those folks as drivers, and for them the label 'moron' only needs to be preceded by "show-off".

All I am saying is let's not blame people for taking advantage of modern technology if it improves their experience
Still sounds like they're getting a synthetic experience to me. It wasn't anything that they did better as drivers, nothing that they should try to take personal credit for.

Or has doing things all by yourself fallen that far out of favor these days? Shame on us if it has.

Norm

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Still sounds like they're getting a synthetic experience to me. It wasn't anything that they did better as drivers, nothing that they should try to take personal credit for.

Or has doing things all by yourself fallen that far out of favor these days? Shame on us if it has.

Norm
It's their money and their experience, who are we to say. I went from the rcf to a gt350 for a reason, driver involvement, but what gets me excited maybe different than what excites others. To each their own

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Well I cannot wait to get auto blip, to fake it. I am looking forward to a day at the track and not being in escruciating pain after the second session and my brakes being less heated.
I think I get the "excruciating" pain comment having to do with slightly rolling your foot or if someone has a physical ailment but why would your brakes be "less heated" on a racetrack by using auto-blip??!

Please tell me on a track you are not using engine braking in the braking zone as your primary means to decelerate. If so I'd hate to be following behind you and waiting for a point by.

Maybe I'm not getting your point?

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
I think I get the "excruciating" pain comment having to do with slightly rolling your foot or if someone has a physical ailment but why would your brakes be "less heated" on a racetrack by using auto-blip??!

Please tell me on a track you are not using engine braking in the braking zone as your primary means to decelerate. If so I'd hate to be following behind you and waiting for a point by.

Maybe I'm not getting your point?
I'm only guessing here, but I think what's he's referring to is situations when your brake pressure varies a lot when the heel and toe technique has not been perfected

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Used to heel toe with the best of them, but i have had a broken back a broken knee and a broken ankle. For me to heel-toe now I need to have my foot on the brake way before it is time so I can get my foot balance and ready to blip the throttle. Chances are on a longer corner, my knee or my ankle gives a bit and I am driving through the brakes. I drove a corvette with the rev matching and it was like I was back in my early 20s tearing it up. I got done with my first session and was ready to do another. I am hoping the autoblip gets me most of the way there, cause I love the dynamics of my car.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDC

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Used to heel toe with the best of them, but i have had a broken back a broken knee and a broken ankle. For me to heel to know I need to have my foot on the brake way before it is time so I can get my foot balance and ready to blip the throttle. Chances are on a longer corner, my knee or my ankle gives a bit and I am driving through the brakes. I drove a corvette with the rev matching and it was like I was back in my early 20s tearing it up. I got done with my first session and was ready to do another. I am hoping the autoblip gets me most of the way there, cause I love the dynamics of my car.
Awesome, I think I will give the auto blip a try in some near future, think I will enjoy it at the track

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Thanks. Is this where the pedal is mounted to the body? Trying to distinguish it from anything you might attach to the accelerator pedal pad.

Norm

Here is a pic of the garageline spacer installed on the car

Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Not sure if that would help or not? I would have to try it. What I did on my firebird was cut both pedals off and situated them so my heel could rest on the floor right in front of the throttle and still reach the brake pedal with my toe. I am not quite ready to cut into my new car like that. Especially if I cam make the Autoblip work

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Question ... is there a discount code we can use for Auto-blip?

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Any update on availability for MY17s?
Yep...it works on my '17 GT350R. I have a gut feeling previous attempts were due to a result of improper installation. If the tap connectors are not fully seated, one will get erroneous signals and it will not calibrate.

My car was built 4/17 and the readings I measured from the accelerator sensors were Green wire (.7-4 volt range) and Red wire (.3-2 volt range) - a 5 volt setup. This should put to rest any rumors that it works on a 12 volt setup.

[/IMG]
Sponsored

Last edited: