A/C Compressor and Clutch Noises

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
I just bought my 2015 GT with 18,000 miles about two weeks ago.

Whenever I turn my A/C system on it makes a whirring noise similar to power steering when it's low on fluid. It's not that loud but it's there. When I turn the A/C off the noise goes away.

Also, whenever I have the windows down and I go to release the clutch I hear the clutch disc spinning until it gets fully engaged. It makes a rubbery noise.

I'm new to the car so are these noises normal or do I need to take it into the dealer?

Thanks
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Noise when the A/C is on could be one of the radiator fans since they run whenever the A/C is turned on.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I just bought my 2015 GT with 18,000 miles about two weeks ago.

Whenever I turn my A/C system on it makes a whirring noise similar to power steering when it's low on fluid. It's not that loud but it's there. When I turn the A/C off the noise goes away.

Also, whenever I have the windows down and I go to release the clutch I hear the clutch disc spinning until it gets fully engaged. It makes a rubbery noise.

I'm new to the car so are these noises normal or do I need to take it into the dealer?

Thanks
Sounds like the compressor is ready to go if it hasn't already yet. Mine made a loud whining noise whenever the AC was turned on and after a while I had no more cold air.

Take it to a dealer soon.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If it was the compressor, you would hear the noise come and go as the compressor cycled. But if you hear a constant noise then it could be a fan. Also, if it's a fan, you should hear it without the A/C on if the coolant gets hot enough for the fans to turn on.

lilgdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
sounds like the symptoms I had right before my AC went out, its a known issue with our cars

O'Doyles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt DHG, 2015 GT PP Guard (sold), 1986 Jeep CJ7 project money pit
I had the same problem. As soon I as turned off the AC the noise stopped. The noise started at the same time my AC began only blowing cold on the passenger side. Driver side only blew warm. Dropped it off at the dealer to check the AC. The tech checked for leaks and to confirm it wasn't a bad evaporator core. Core was fine and found no leaks. Tech said it was 18oz low on refrigerant. Yet there were no leaks in the system. AC blows colder now than it did when I bought my car new. Car was out of warranty so that cost me $430. Still cheaper than the $650+ they want to fix the seat module that heats and cools the front seats.
Sponsored