Sponsored

Shelby GT350 shift light indicator

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
just a few vocal minority that drags in the negativity, same way on every forum ive ever been on. most people seem pretty excited to me and i think some negativity is mostly just boredom from the impatience of waiting for this car.
Sponsored

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
[ame]

i really wish in this video they would show the dash from a far while shifting. im curious how visible it is while driving and if the amber shift lights could be a blur in action.

ElSanchez302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
For the GT350, it's a brilliant, low-cost adaptation of existing hardware. :thumbsup:
Bingo! And thanks to Ford for even thinking of doing that. They didn't have too, but it makes perfect sense on track. Not to mention if you've ever used one in a Vette, it's pretty cool. I like you can modify the lights too. :ford::first:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
People love to complain, its an option that can be turned on or off.
you like it use it, if not don't turn on.
Whining about it like a 5 year old really :(

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
This^

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's internet that's why they complain but if you meet them face to face different story :cheers:

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
No complaints here this car looks better and better by the day and at a huge bargain for what you get. It's better than the boss 302 was positioned in the lineup in terms of performance value, uniqueness, and features over the standard cars. Instant classic if you ask me.

I still have to wait a year or so before I can buy one but really looking forward to seeing the first owners on here. :clap2:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
As mentioned, this isn't a HUD (at least not in the traditional sense), so nothing surprising there.

As a shift light, it looks awesome! My Z has a small LED in the middle of the tach that will blink as you approach redline, and then will go solid red at the shift point (adjustable by the user). I've found that the flashing is noticeable, but once it goes solid it basically disappears from your periphery. I therefore set my shift point past the fuel cutoff, so the flashing starts when I want to shift. It is a very useful feature that way.

I think this Ford implementation will be excellent, and can't wait to play around with it. Very cool little Easter-egg IMO.

Full HUD's are cool too, but I think this will be a much better shift light than anything incorporated into a traditional HUD. This is due to the large, central location, and the bright LED's. Most HUDs are relatively small and tucked away in a corner so they don't distract too much, and therefore don't work as well as a shift light.

As far a DCT's go, they are a great automatic transmission. However, if you don't like automatics because they remove some of the driver interaction, I don't think you'd like a DCT either.

I did the exotics racing experience and drove a 911 GT3, Ferrari 458, and Lambo Huracan, all with DCTs, and while they were fast and smooth, the lack of clutch and stick shift made the DCT no better than a slushbox in terms of interaction. Plus, most of them are better in automatic mode anyway, so if you base your argument in favor of DCTs on their pure speed, then you better not be using the paddles either, since you'll just be slowing things down!

I have no problem with DCTs as a replacement to a torque converter based automatic, but they are no replacement for a traditional stick shift IMO. My biggest fear is that MFRs get seduced by the better numbers put up by automatics, and eliminate stick shifts altogether (as Porsche did in the GT3). I'm glad Ford is still offering a manual transmission in this car.

I would like a rev-match feature though, that can be enabled/disabled at my discretion. That's the best of both worlds IMO.

-T

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I would like a rev-match feature though, that can be enabled/disabled at my discretion. That's the best of both worlds IMO.
-T
If I had to commute in traffic every day, I'd go for a DCT - had one in my daily-driver GTI. But for my fun car, I just like the involvement of shifting manually - and using the Size 11 rev-matching feature at the end of my right leg. :cheers:

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here's the headline on BING.COM:

Heads up: Ford develop new HUD shit indicator
The new feature, available on the forthcoming 392kW Mustang GT350, is programmable allowing the driver to set their optimum gear change markers that are then projected onto the windscreen. Using amber lights that build in different ways as the Mustang ...
Motoring · 1 day ago

Probably more useful than the shift indicator. Helpful to the driver if attention is paid before a critical curve at speed is reached but equally helpful in the passenger side as well, say when a salesman is in it trying to convince you to pay a high ADM while test driving.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
My Performance Shift Indicator turned off by itself again. Second time it happened. Anyone else?

Once I turn it back on it's set at 3000 RPM and the light intensity is at 10%, so you can't even see it. I lights up fine when I start the car. Thoughts?

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My Performance Shift Indicator turned off by itself again. Second time it happened. Anyone else?

Once I turn it back on it's set at 3000 RPM and the light intensity is at 10%, so you can't even see it. I lights up fine when I start the car. Thoughts?
Sounds like your tranny is shot. Better sell it to me for scrap $$. :clap2:

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I can't seem to get the shift light to work correctly. I have it turned on but the light only shows up when I have it set to tach. If I have it on any other setting (like drag or track) it won't show at all... no matter which driving mode I'm in. Been a little frustrating. It's also turned itself off too.

Has anyone else had issues with the light?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I can't seem to get the shift light to work correctly. I have it turned on but the light only shows up when I have it set to tach. If I have it on any other setting (like drag or track) it won't show at all... no matter which driving mode I'm in. Been a little frustrating. It's also turned itself off too.

Has anyone else had issues with the light?
When you go into the settings put it to track. The lights should come on after you selected the option. Make sure you have the correct rpms for your shift point so you can test it
Sponsored