Take some videos of your first attempts!:popcorn:

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
BREAKING NEWS

OP dead due to not wearing flame suit before posting.

I will be collecting donations for the family.
^^THIS^^ is just DAMN FUNNY!!! :lol::lol::lol:

To the OP, I had a lot of the same questions my first time using Line Loc also... I've done burnouts in the past with my other cars but could not grasp all of what the computer would do as far holding the brakes and for how long. I did know that I didn't want to bounce it off the rev limiter however....

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
^^THIS^^ is just DAMN FUNNY!!! :lol::lol::lol:

To the OP, I had a lot of the same questions my first time using Line Loc also... I've done burnouts in the past with my other cars but could not grasp all of what the computer would do as far holding the brakes and for how long. I did know that I didn't want to bounce it off the rev limiter however....
As someone who has yet to try a burnout, this may be a dumb question, but... Why not?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
As someone who has yet to try a burnout, this may be a dumb question, but... Why not?
If the engine has been fully broken in I wouldn't worry about it at all. The rev limiter is there for just that reason, to protect the engine.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ford;

Giving it's Mustang owners easier ways of needing tires, clutches and transmissions since 2015.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Ford;

Giving it's Mustang owners easier ways of needing tires, clutches and transmissions since 2015.
if you need the line-lock feature you were going to do this anyway. Now you're just saving rear brake pads by not power-braking.

...of course, chances are you'd just rolled through water to break traction before heating your tires up if you do things correctly.

CBF_Deeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shadow GT
Newbie question - Do the AUTO mustang GT's have line lock as well?

Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Make sure the number 1 item on your list in acheiving burn out heaven is setting up a camera and recording whatever it is that happens...then post here

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
I use 2nd gear

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO, it's not something that I want to do to my engine for the fun of it...a missed shift/over rev every once in a while...ok, no problem. Knowing that our engines have pressed metal oil pump and crankshaft gears is bad enough. Look in the FI forum at how much they talk about harmonics.

Google 'bouncing off rev limiter' for yourself....more than 80% of what you read will be on the 'prob not a good idea' side of the house. Let me know what you think....

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
You know that's how lawn mowers work, right? Stay at the rev limiter until load slows them to max torque. If load exceeds max torque they stall.

In a lawn mower the governing weights actually will bounce. Nothing physically bounces in a Coyote. The rev limiter exists to keep the RPM well below the physical damage range. You can still damage things if you downshift too far while moving too fast, but Ford can't prevent your shift into 1st at 70 mph.

the OPG and timing sprocket see little increased load with higher RPM. At least I think you mean the timing sprocket by "crankshaft gear"... The OPG sees an increase in load with more viscous oil. So loads will be highest when cold or with a higher viscosity oil.
The timing sprocket would only see a significantly larger load from stiffer valve springs.

In short, it would do no damage to throttle up to the rev limiter and burn a tank of fuel... as long as you have cool air moving through the radiator.
Sponsored