Sponsored

AdvanceTrac Service, ABS , Traction Control lights On

touchstone20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0
had this exact same issue last night, once while cruising at 70 mph on the highway and the other was while merging onto the highway. i'll be making a trip to the dealer tomorrow
Sponsored

Thelopez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
this literally just happened to me tonight. 15,000 miles on it

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
I took my 2015 Mustang into the dealer on Wednesday because I was getting the AdvanceTrac Service, ABS, and Traction control lights illuminated on the dash. Today the dealer called me and told me that they found a problem in the left rear or the car. They actually asked me to come in so they could show me the issue.

He showed me on the passenger side that the black ring i highlighted with yellow arrow in the below picture was intact but on the driver side it was missing. He then showed my the Knuckle where that black ring had busted into pieces and was covering the ABS sensor.

Anyway, My car was lowered with BMR springs and the service guy started to tell me that ford may decline the warranty work??? Has anyone every seen this issue before and could it have honestly been caused by a lowered vehicle?

uc?export=view&id=0ByqwTDPmKU15bmdleHNvZEdOWnM.jpg

I had the same problem, the wheel bearing on the drivers side went and chewed up that ring (spacer ring, washer what ever it is used for i have no clue best guess it's smothing for reduce vibration??), also caused the ABS system to freak out, ABS light, advanced trac, hills tart, mode select and power steering all effected cause the car cant figure out speed from the remaining 3 wheels speed sensors. But hey the Speddo still works. Fin weird.
Oh and the axle nut wasn't even close to tight.
21,000 miles.

Put a new wheel hub in it without the spacer and sounds and runs fine for now, new half shafts on the way tho.

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Started to have this problem on my car. Odd thing is that the ABS lights turn on when cruising around 75mph and goes away when i restart my car. My car is out of warranty, but is there a way to determine which speed sensor is bad?

Thanks!

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
When my wheel bearing went, so did that spacer ring thing. Which caused interference with the ABS sensor (but didnt break it), the hub doesn't come with it, its part of the half shaft. Hopefully Ford makes it available as a separate part soon.
IMG_0030.jpg

Sponsored

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
This just happened to my car. What’s the fix? Was it the same cause for all you guys?

anmut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Droptop Premium
Hey guys,

Are both of your Mustangs still at the dealer? Please send me a PM with your VINs, updated mileages, servicing dealers, full names, and contact numbers; I'll see how I can help on my end.

Rachel
Hey Ford Service, would be great if you could chime in on the 18 GT issues. Sorry for the thread jack.

Stang007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 Lightning Blue Mustang Gt
That is weird. My buddy installed the dss 1400hp axles in his 18 without those hub spacers and he has no problems with his advantrac or anything.

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I just replaced my rear wheel bearing and the ABS lights went on shortly thereafter. I checked the washer shown above, and mine is in tact, although it can admittedly move around when the hub is removed. Everything visually looks fine, and there are no codes that my SCT can read.

Any ideas?

(I also notice in the video I watched on how to replace the bearing, the car had aftermarket halfshafts and they didn't have this washer, so I assume it isn't necessary?)

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Does anybody know the part number for this centering crush washer? I cant find it on diagrams or find a part number for it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does anybody know the part number for this centering crush washer? I cant find it on diagrams or find a part number for it.
Try reaching out to Vendors Levittown Ford or White Bear - they have helped numerous M6G members with finding obscure Ford parts that WE can’t find in the online Ford Parts web links.

If they do get the part number, post it up for future reference.

Ronfrank1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
My 2016 had all these issues like all of you so I replaced both rear hub assemblies and advancetrac + still on... any other great ideas cause the dealership told my it was because I’m runnin 275 rear wheels instead of 255.. which sounds dumb to me. Thanks in advanced

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
I just replaced my half shafts and they did not include the thrust washers but looking at them they have a rubber like coating on them and I will bet that this stuff is what is inter fearing with your sensor`s. Mine was peeling off. maybe take a small vac and suck this stuff out or take it apart and clean it up. On the half shaft install videos they say nothing about this. I just cleaned mine up and reinstalled. All good so far.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I had this issue as well, its probably the fuse. Check the fuse box, I'm can't remember which fuse number it was but i had this issue twice and it was the fuse.
Sponsored