"Transmission not in Park" Car Shuts Off - Then Wrench Icon

bradleyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I have a

2015 v6 Mustang Convertible Automatic

Randomly, when you start the vehicle and have it in gear under 10 MPH, it will sometimes just shutoff, and say "Transmission not in Park" and completely turn off, you then have to place the vehicle into park, start the vehicle again, and the wrench icon comes up.

No error codes in Engineering mode.

This is EXTREMELY concerning as its a SAFETY issue loosing power features while the vehicle is in motion.

Sometimes it happens when backing out, sometimes it happen WHILE driving though a parking garage, the STEERING WHEEL has even locked up before.

Has anyone ever had this issue before or know what direction the dealership should look? As they had the vehicle for 3 days and stated they we're unable to replicate.

So far the dealership has reconnected the push to start button, they also stated they were unable to find any errors codes on the computer.

And they thought that would fix it, however it did not.
Sponsored

profecia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Hi bradleyc

Did you figured out what happened?

I have a manual 17' GT PP and the car has shut off by itself while driving 3 times already. I can turn it back on real quick, but not sure why this is happening. Could it be battery issues? Electric issues?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium, Performance Pack GT
Hi bradleyc

Did you figured out what happened?

I have a manual 17' GT PP and the car has shut off by itself while driving 3 times already. I can turn it back on real quick, but not sure why this is happening. Could it be battery issues? Electric issues?
Profecia, this issue is different from yours since yours is a manual. If your manual is shutting off while coming to a stop or turning it could be something with your tune, if its tuned. Or if you got a clutch replacement you may need to do a crank relearn on your tuner.
Sponsored