Sponsored

anyone have a terminator before/while an s550??

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
;)
StreetSweeper VS BluBallz.jpg
Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
^Nice and oh OP for Gods sake don't ever call it a Termi

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Meh, never cared much for the New Edge cars. I'd much rather have a C6 for about the same price as a Terminator.

Sponsored

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I had a couple of them. I got a 2003 vert new off the lot, put a set of Magnaflows, a 2.93 upper, cai and a tune on that one. Got tired of driving the convertible, and sold it so I could buy a coupe. The coupe was a 2.4KB car, Bassani exhaust, Level 5 half shafts, upgrading bushings, injectors, heat exchanger, clutch, input shaft...you name it. I had H&R springs and Koni's on it, and the thing was still a corner plow. Hauled ass going straight though.

The only thing I miss about that car was the sound. It was fun, and I really enjoyed my time with both cobra's, but I have to be honest...for the raw mustang driving experience I still prefer the foxbody cars. Plus, there is just something fun about looking at people trying to figure out if your fox is fast or not. Everybody knows cobra's are quick...but the fox? Those things are a grab bag...you just never know.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
My cobra is a fun car but I have to know its limitations. I try to avoid LS powered cars but have fun against 80's camaros. Lol. Would love to have a terminator but price has always stayed high.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I have both. Plan on selling my Terminator shortly. Just can't force myself to cruise around in it with the S550 right there. The Cobra is raw and brash to the max. Maybe it's just me (it's not bc my best friend had one for years as well - we built a total of 4 Whipple Cobras between us) but the seats in the 03 are the worst seats I've ever had in 20 cars. Premium S550 all day.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I had an 03 10th Ann. Cobra. Loved that car. Wish I would have kept it. I will buy another one some day.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have both. Plan on selling my Terminator shortly. Just can't force myself to cruise around in it with the S550 right there. The Cobra is raw and brash to the max. Maybe it's just me (it's not bc my best friend had one for years as well - we built a total of 4 Whipple Cobras between us) but the seats in the 03 are the worst seats I've ever had in 20 cars. Premium S550 all day.
Wait you are selling the cobra b/c the "seats are the worst you've ever had" BAHAHAHA come on man! I sold my Maybach b/c the quarter mile was lacking. There must be something wrong w your Terminator b/c I enjoy driving mine much more than any car i've ever owned but not because of the seat comfort

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had an 03 10th Ann. Cobra. Loved that car. Wish I would have kept it. I will buy another one some day.

Isn't it weird how high those things sit stock? Two finger gap? More like two arm gap. Mine is "lowered" 1.5" and it's still not low but works and looks good.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Isn't it weird how high those things sit stock? Two finger gap? More like two arm gap. Mine is "lowered" 1.5" and it's still not low but works and looks good.

Yea, mine was stock besides the tint. Around 1000 miles on it in that pic. Didn't have many more when I sold it in 07. I had allot of plans for it but just never messed with it. I had my highly modded 96 so I just tinkered with it. I was going to get a new GT500 but never did. I didn't buy another Mustang until my 16 although I still had my 96 Cobra until 2009. I put a pushrod motor in it with a ProCharger as well as a ton of other mods.

Under the hood of the 96

Rear view

The 03 and the 96 (96 in street trim)

Race track

Hope the pictures don't upset anyone, I know it's off topic a bit but I love seeing other people's cars so I figure you guys might like these.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Wait you are selling the cobra b/c the "seats are the worst you've ever had" BAHAHAHA come on man! I sold my Maybach b/c the quarter mile was lacking. There must be something wrong w your Terminator b/c I enjoy driving mine much more than any car i've ever owned but not because of the seat comfort
Really read into that one didn't you? There's nothing wrong with the car. It's my second one and is extremely fast. I've owned a Terminator for a cumulative 9 years, both Whipples and have run mid 10's. I also had a 13 Boss 302 in between. Though the Cobras sound awesome and perform amazingly in a straight line they do not hold a candle to an S550 with the same WHP. The S550 is way more planted and as loud as you want it to be all while making a 600mile drive in comfort. Maybe I'm just getting old but the S197 doesn't compare to the S550 in quality feel either (not just the Boss, my buddy has a 14 GT premium). Cobras are great 1/4mi cars and still look amazing, outside of that, they aren't winning many awards.