Sponsored

Curiosity, what if I change stock Ecoboost mufflers to GT muffler on the EB?

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Curiosity, what if I change stock Ecoboost mufflers to GT muffler on the EB?

What will happen? and does it fit?
Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
That's exactly what i was going to do but decided to go muffler delete. I bought the GT mufflers on craigslist and from what i can see, it will fit. The pipe bends look the same, the hangers are at the same location, there's 1/4 inch difference in pipe diameter between the two . The muffler appears to be less restictive cause i can actually see inside and the tips are much better. Im willing to bet it's going to be a bit louder and sound better with GT mufflers and if nothing else the tips will look 10 tomes better.
btw i have gt mufflers with tips for sale, cheap.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
That's exactly what i was going to do but decided to go muffler delete. I bought the GT mufflers on craigslist and from what i can see, it will fit. The pipe bends look the same, the hangers are at the same location, there's 1/4 inch difference in pipe diameter between the two . The muffler appears to be less restictive cause i can actually see inside and the tips are much better. Im willing to bet it's going to be a bit louder and sound better with GT mufflers and if nothing else the tips will look 10 tomes better.
btw i have gt mufflers with tips for sale, cheap.
So since the diameter is different, it won't fit then?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
What he said, or it might be small enough difference that it should weld just fine. If needed the muffler shop will expand the pipe to mate properly.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I have pretty tried this setup. My car was a used purchase with a full Magnaflow street with a MAP catted downpipe. Rolling on throttle around the 2000-2500 range was just terrible resonance vibrating the interior everywhere. I removed the down pipe and resonance was better but still there pretty good. Since I didn't have the stock exhaust and couldn't find one I got a GT exhaust. It mounts exactly up to the car even right up to the one side of the resonator. I had a y pipe made to get rid of the GT one. Sounded pretty good full one and normal driving. Honestly pretty quiet . Still had that damn 2000 rpm resonance. I finally got the stock exhaust. It is a little quieter but so much smoother sound. Never felt power difference between all these combinations. So I'm thinking that just changing the mufflers will be very little difference. I might try it sometime since I have them already.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
I have pretty tried this setup. My car was a used purchase with a full Magnaflow street with a MAP catted downpipe. Rolling on throttle around the 2000-2500 range was just terrible resonance vibrating the interior everywhere. I removed the down pipe and resonance was better but still there pretty good. Since I didn't have the stock exhaust and couldn't find one I got a GT exhaust. It mounts exactly up to the car even right up to the one side of the resonator. I had a y pipe made to get rid of the GT one. Sounded pretty good full one and normal driving. Honestly pretty quiet . Still had that damn 2000 rpm resonance. I finally got the stock exhaust. It is a little quieter but so much smoother sound. Never felt power difference between all these combinations. So I'm thinking that just changing the mufflers will be very little difference. I might try it sometime since I have them already.

please let us now. I am see quite a bit stock GT mufflers selling for 200 CAD. like the tips and hoping it will make the sound a bit deeper as well. If you can make a clip, that would be wonderful.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
With the winter still going strong here in PA. I'm not too sure I'll be getting to this very soon.
Sponsored