Sponsored

Read end locks up

Blauplow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've got a 2016 gt with the performance pack and when I accelerate lightly from a stop left or right the inside tire skips like it's on full lock. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I've got a 2016 gt with the performance pack and when I accelerate lightly from a stop left or right the inside tire skips like it's on full lock. Is this normal?
Inside wheel hop is a known phenomena. I'm not sure it can be completely fixed, specially with a Torsen, but it can be improved for sure.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
In that situation its more the Torsen than the wheel hop. Try it with all the nanny's off and see how it acts.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Especially with the OEM summer tires, in colder temperatures, it might be entirely possible that the Torsen is aggressive enough to overcome the inside tire's grip and make it crow hop (which is how I interpret the OP). That is not the same thing as having the inside tire spin up, of course. If the car is prone to wheel hop, then it would exaggerate the effect.

Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
yes this happens to me when ever i make a sharp low speed turn, you get used to it quickly

OP
OP

Blauplow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yea it still has the stock tires everyobe Hates. I guess it's time to stiffen up that read end and get some bfg's
Sponsored