Auto w/PP owners

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
If there are any owners that have the Auto/PP that could send me their VIN# it would be appreciated. Upgraded my NON-PP GT brakes to the PP ones and just learned that I need to swap out my brake booster and possibly ABS sensors. Need a VIN# to compare part#'s. Thanks!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If there are any owners that have the Auto/PP that could send me their VIN# it would be appreciated. Upgraded my NON-PP GT brakes to the PP ones and just learned that I need to swap out my brake booster and possibly ABS sensors. Need a VIN# to compare part#'s. Thanks!
I have the part number you want. I've done the research and have spoken to both Benny from Levittown and people from Autonation. I searched for a 50 year AP car on eBay and got the vin to compare. It's harder than you think because the part numbers listed on ford parts.com are actually different from what's actually in the system because of new numbers superceedidng the old ones. We as general public can't see this on the site, only they can.

You do not need ABS sensors I'm told they are no different (only GT350 has different front sensors because of different front knuckles). All mustangs including GT350 share the same rear sensors and all non GT350 mustang GT's share the same front sensors.

You will only need the booster and a new clevis pin. Well, they say the 2 master cylinder nuts and the 4 booster nuts are one time use but I live dangerously and didn't change them lol

OP
OP
angermgmt14

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Thanks Jaime! I'll text you at some point for those part #'s. :cheers:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Well, they say the 2 master cylinder nuts and the 4 booster nuts are one time use but I live dangerously and didn't change them lol
As long as the fasteners in question are NOT "torque-to-yield" you should be fine removing and re-installing them at least a couple of times if you use a little Locktite blue on the re-install.

My understanding of "one time use" is that the threads are some sort of interference or thread distortion kind of fit that can "go away" upon removal. In subsequent re-use there might not be enough 'interference' to resist later loosening.

Norm
Sponsored