Sponsored

Reputable tint shop that can remove bad tint?

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
I brought my new Ford Mustang (owned less than a month) to Custom 4 Wheel Parts & Accessories at 7101 South Blvd. Charlotte, NC on December 3rd, 2016 to have my front windows, rear quarter windows, and rear window tinted with LLumar Window Film (LLumar).

Less than a week later, all windows showed bubbling and dust spots under the film. At this point, I scheduled an appointment with them to have the windows redone and fixed. At which time I also noticed a 1-2" horizontal scratch on my driver side window that they stated was already there and also refused to do anything about. When they finished and backed it out in the parking lot, I saw the same issues with the tint as before and they redid the tint (again) the same day. However, the tint is even worse than before and more issues have developed.

I scheduled an appointment to bring my car in for today (December 21st, 2016) due to the bubbling and tears around the windows. Due to this being my third time coming to their shop (and forth time having the tint replaced), I requested to have all the tint removed and a refund issued.

The shop owner refused to refund my money and remove the tint.

Can anyone suggest a reputable tint shop that can properly remove the tint and apply new tint without any amateur issues?

Thank you.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/i3mOv
Sponsored

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
Window Tint Shop

Hey bud, I recommend this place here in Raleigh area if you can make it.

Nick is the owner, really nice guy. He's tinted my GT, son's VW, wifes's Jeep and buddy's jeep; and a whole mess of others from my work.

He did all windows for right around $200. Not sure how much it would cost to remove and retint, but if you are in Raleigh Nick is the guy to help you out.

http://www.shadecustomtint.com/

Lator

Last edited:

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
CSMotorSports in Gastonia is a good shop. They tinted my windows right the first time and I am going to bring my other 2 week old SUV to them to remove and replace tint from the dealer that has bubbles. They do all the Mustangs for the local Ford dealer.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Save yourself some money and remove the tint yourself. Just get a hand steamer like a Shark and apply steam to the tint and it will pull right off.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
There are a few good places in Greensboro, NC. There are also different qualities of tint. Your $100 or $200 tint jobs aren't using the best quality tint for heat rejection, materials, etc.
Sponsored