The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If like me, you have/Follow Andy Barratt on Linkedin, you'll know he's VERY active in updating and praising his staff there, fair enough, wish my CEO did... But anyway, I digress, today he posted the following.

"Andy Barratt
Chairman and Managing Director - Ford of Britain

James Bond had Q, well at Ford we have Ivan (I.) Bartholomeusz and Colin Gray, they both work in our secret Heritage Centre where they create, restore and invent. I have set them a new challenge - as they now have to fit a Ford Performance Supercharger to a New Mustang. These two gentlemen have so much talent and dedication its really humbling to meet them.......

We love your work guys!"

Now, why would Ford be fitting a FP Supercharger to a S550?! Surely this means they'll be bringing it over... and subsequently the power packs?!

One can hope yeah? :lol:!
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Something tells me Ford UK may decide to do their own thing independently of US.

Just like UK Eibach Pro Kit is different to US version.

Also certain dealership groups are taking it upon themselves, such as Evans Halshaw pairing up with Dreamscience and I hear TC Harrison will be working with another performance tuner too.

So stuff will come but I do not think we will see any of the official US kits now, all we might see is a UK version of said kit.

We all know the Roush kit when at stage 1 is very safe, I do not think even an OPG has being lost with that kit in stage 1 on roush base tune.

Oh and Haynes have paired up with Steeda offering their upgrades in the UK.

Would be nice though to see Ford UK make an official car as to speak, of course it can be nothing more than a GT with the same modifications we would make but its apparent Ford UK have close ties to Eibach and other performance tuners so I cannot see why Ford UK could not offer in showrooms a car with subtle mods.

If spending money on super charger it simply makes sense to do it properly and get a Whipple or Pro Charger with a custom tune.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Something tells me Ford UK may decide to do their own thing independently of US.

Just like UK Eibach Pro Kit is different to US version.

Also certain dealership groups are taking it upon themselves, such as Evans Halshaw pairing up with Dreamscience and I hear TC Harrison will be working with another performance tuner too.

So stuff will come but I do not think we will see any of the official US kits now, all we might see is a UK version of said kit.

We all know the Roush kit when at stage 1 is very safe, I do not think even an OPG has being lost with that kit in stage 1 on roush base tune.

Oh and Haynes have paired up with Steeda offering their upgrades in the UK.

Would be nice though to see Ford UK make an official car as to speak, of course it can be nothing more than a GT with the same modifications we would make but its apparent Ford UK have close ties to Eibach and other performance tuners so I cannot see why Ford UK could not offer in showrooms a car with subtle mods.

If spending money on super charger it simply makes sense to do it properly and get a Whipple or Pro Charger with a custom tune.
Yeah but you forget, some idiots still buy shit tunes, shit intercoolers and other sub par items.... because... well, i don't know why, people are weird ;)!

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with Haynes regarding the Roush supercharger.They wanted to go this way but I think Ford UK didn't like the idea.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It would be nice to see a revival similar to the RallyeSport dealers (which included Haynes) of the 70s and 80s. You could get pretty much any mod up to a full works rally car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I need to repeat my thoughts on this, do I? :D
Nope, nor on ENCAP ;)!

I can live in hope... I'm planning to speak to D/S this sunday about their tune, if it's warrnaty approved WITH FORD etc... if it is, may go down this route - aint the greatest tune, aint a pro tune, but it's better than the random torque spikes in the stock EB.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Yup....I'd do it properly and fit a Harrop:D:D:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup....I'd do it properly and fit a Harrop:D:D:thumbsup:

Am sure it is great too and am sure Lund could dial it in with a few logging sessions or live logging on a dyno to get it running sweet.

666mac would still be flying past you though, can't beat the Whipple on power. :D

Be interesting what kind of price you can get on Harrop because as of late there has being some pretty crazy prices offered on Roush, Whipple and Pro Charger from some vendors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Am sure it is great too and am sure Lund could dial it in with a few logging sessions or live logging on a dyno to get it running sweet.

666mac would still be flying past you though, can't beat the Whipple on power. :D
Mac would wizz past him because macs car is now getting lighter and lighter, and is crackpot levels of power :lol:!

Anyway, back on topic please... FP rumours.... Warranty approved supercharger might be a route some go down, not quite the 'most' power, but keeps warranty! :shrug:

As you said earlier gibbo, odd they pulled eibach springs rather than the FP ones, and other gimmicks they're bringing that aren't... So only time will tell, as I said, i'll speak to D/S about their tune if it's warranty agreed with Ford I have no issue with Tuning WITHOUT an intercooler. as it'll probably just smooth power curves and give me about 20horsies.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mac would wizz past him because macs car is now getting lighter and lighter, and is crackpot levels of power :lol:!

Anyway, back on topic please... FP rumours.... Warranty approved supercharger might be a route some go down, not quite the 'most' power, but keeps warranty! :shrug:

As you said earlier gibbo, odd they pulled eibach springs rather than the FP ones, and other gimmicks they're bringing that aren't... So only time will tell, as I said, i'll speak to D/S about their tune if it's warranty agreed with Ford I have no issue with Tuning WITHOUT an intercooler. as it'll probably just smooth power curves and give me about 20horsies.

I have a set of the Eibachs on the way. They could be the perfect spring for our cars. Same spring rate as stock, just lower and linear, plus Eibach/OE quality.

I think I am being overly harsh on the Mustang but it handles like shit in the wet compared to the M3, so I am doing some suspension testing to see if I can bring its wet ability a bit closer.

Could just be impossible thing due to chassis and weight, but lets see.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a set of the Eibachs on the way. They could be the perfect spring for our cars. Same spring rate as stock, just lower and linear, plus Eibach/OE quality.
What do you currently have on? I thought you already has springs on yours!

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
I think I am being overly harsh on the Mustang but it handles like shit in the wet compared to the M3, so I am doing some suspension testing to see if I can bring its wet ability a bit closer.

Could just be impossible thing due to chassis and weight, but lets see.
I would bet weight, distribution and wheelbase are key problems that are tricky to overcome :shrug:

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What do you currently have on? I thought you already has springs on yours!
Steeda Linear Springs (In his signature ;)!)

For some reason he's using vital sig space on his pesky indicator-less beamer :thumbsup:

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Steeda Linear Springs (In his signature ;)!)

For some reason he's using vital sig space on his pesky indicator-less beamer :thumbsup:
Oh yeah derp, didn't think to read that! I'll have them springs off you Gibbo if you want to get rid of them!
Sponsored