v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
On this forum we have all slated various issues with our cars but not once has anyone complained that the door hinges were terrible quality and needed an aftermarket solution.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
On this forum we have all slated various issues with our cars but not once has anyone complained that the door hinges were terrible quality and needed an aftermarket solution.
That solution making it more difficult to get in and out:lol::lol:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Good 'ol Lambo doors. Been around for decades now; can pretty much fit them to anything.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That solution making it more difficult to get in and out:lol::lol:
They still open out about 1/4 of the way before going up. :shrug:

To be honest, as much as people hate these, they'd be something i'd consider doing had i got a spare ÂŁ1k and was itching a modding bug, but they wouldn't be high on my list....

Let me counter it with something equally wrong... Not the bags... the obscene negative camber.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
They still open out about 1/4 of the way before going up. :shrug:

To be honest, as much as people hate these, they'd be something i'd consider doing had i got a spare ÂŁ1k and was itching a modding bug, but they wouldn't be high on my list....

Let me counter it with something equally wrong... Not the bags... the obscene negative camber.
Someone take the keys off him/her and slap the sense back in his/her brain. This is the stupidest thing I have seen done to the mustang

Now I know the real reason why Ford didn't bring it to Europe sooner. Didn't want crap stains such as this running around. They finally settled on 50 years of brand development being enough to counteract this.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Someone take the keys off him/her and slap the sense back in his/her brain. This is the stupidest thing I have seen done to the mustang

Now I know the real reason why Ford didn't bring it to Europe sooner. Didn't want crap stains such as this running around. They finally settled on 50 years of brand development being enough to counteract this.
That's a USA car ;)

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Really? REALLY?!
I quite like the red ;)
Wouldn't do it but I don't hate lambo doors. The people laughing would get wearing though.

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Ok, so I saw these in real life on a "rental experience" mustang at the Sandown Park Buster Lang show last year. THere's a small part of me that likes the real awful stuff - lambo doors, neon underbody lights, tints etc. (none of which I have ever put on).

The problem with these doors - and which made it an instant mood killer for me - is that they wobble. The open fine, they tip, but as they climb and descend they have a sort of tremble and bounce. It gives a really rickety look & feel (which they probably don't deserve). You also have to cut into your metals panels to install.

So, all in all, it was a slightly disappointed "no" from me.

Look closely at the doors in the product video and you'll see what I mean. It's even more noticable in real life. Also I remembered that the guys there told me if you slam the door shut in a hurry "on the bounce" it misses the catch and dents the inside of the door.
[ame]

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I saw these in real life on a "rental experience" mustang at the Sandown Park Buster Lang show last year. THere's a small part of me that likes the real awful stuff - lambo doors, neon underbody lights, tints etc. (none of which I have ever put on).

The problem with these doors - and which made it an instant mood killer for me - is that they wobble. The open fine, they tip, but as they climb and descend they have a sort of tremble and bounce. It gives a really rickety look & feel (which they probably don't deserve). You also have to cut into your metals panels to install.

So, all in all, it was a slightly disappointed "no" from me.

Look closely at the doors in the product video and you'll see what I mean. It's even more noticable in real life. Also I remembered that the guys there told me if you slam the door shut in a hurry "on the bounce" it misses the catch and dents the inside of the door.
Around the 00:16s mark in the video, and yeah they bounce.... The doors are heavy as fuck that's why :/! They look cool, but that's about all they do :lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Looks really awkward to get in/out.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Find it hard to believe anybody would spend money on something like this, which just completely destroys the credibility of both the car and its driver to a huge extent (IMHO of course)!

Probably fine though for any of the current breed of failed medical experiments that walk around with their underwear on display, trousers halfway down and wearing a hooded top on a blisteringly hot summers day, as they don't care that 90% of society is laughing at them.

Victor Meldrew signing off!...
Sponsored