Sponsored

Anyone here installed the MGW race-spec shifter?

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Alright guys, here's the order page. At today's exchange rate $625 = €590 = £500. So I've put €590 on there. I've added the options based on the prices I got from MGW earlier today. Just select the option you'd want me to get for you while ordering and I'll get in contact with you in mail or PM about the details (which shift knob, which color flat stick, etc etc).

Order goes on Monday if everybody payed. Payment goes via the website after ordering.

1. [MENTION=27831]Gloucesternige[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=20047]CapitanPug[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION]
5. and euhm [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION], but he just doesn't know he needs it yet :D

PS. Let me know if there would be something weird with the order page. With that much options, I can't promise I didn't make any mistakes :ninja:
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Ok, I've just ordered from [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION], I've put a note in to see this post.

I've optioned the X Spec, Flat blade, Standard Handle, Shift Knob.

Couple of questions:

1. Differences between standard and low profile handle? Is there any difference in the throw? Do I need the low profile to get the best out of it?
2. Blade, Ruby Red, I assume that that's an option, but what else can I have on the side of it, i.e. Howler?
3. Shift Knob, I would like the white MGW shift knob, do I need any adapters for it?
4. I'm assuming that there is no push left and lift collar for reverse and it's a straight push left to select reverse?

Rest of you get ordering :D. [MENTION=20047]CapitanPug[/MENTION], let me know your preferences and why, in case I want to fine tune my order :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
Ok, I've just ordered from [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION], I've put a note in to see this post.

Couple of questions:

1. Differences between standard and low profile handle? Is there any difference in the throw? Do I need the low profile to get the best out of it?
2. Blade, Ruby Red, I assume that that's an option, but what else can I have on the side of it, i.e. Howler?
3. Shift Knob, I would like white MGW shift knob, do I need any adapters for it?
4. I'm assuming that there is no push left and lift collar for reverse and it's a straight push left to select reverse?

Rest of you get ordering :D. [MENTION=20047]CapitanPug[/MENTION], let me know your preferences and why, in case I want to fine tune my order :thumbsup:
George,

Adaptor should be supplied if you buy knob.
Reverse is push down operation.

I had emailed MGW to ask similar questions, but noticed they are closed at weekend:-

Hi,
I am purchasing a 2015 GT short shifter in a group buy from Europe.
I want the flat stick type.
Can you advise the choices available please:-
1. Is there a standard or X-Spec choice.
2. Do you need to buy your gear knob to fit flat stick?
3. Is there a special jam nut required?
4. Can I have the flat stick in different colour options?

—-------------------
Happy to leave it to [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] to sort, I will place order just now & post my preferences shortly. :D

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Okay,
Ordered placed with [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] :)

I've optioned:-
X Spec
Flat blade in race red
Standard Handle
Black Shift Knob with MGW Logo

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
My order is also placed.

To save [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] having to contact me I need the following please..

X Spec
Flat blade in race red
Standard Handle
White Shift Knob with MGW Logo

Sponsored

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Good work guys. One question- [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] I have a after market cue ball shifter knob so don't need to order one but I will need the jam nut. On the mgw site there's an option to order it but I can't see that on your site. Would you be able to order one for me with my shifter?

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)

Couple of questions:

3. Shift Knob, I would like the white MGW shift knob, do I need any adapters for it?

Here's a tabel with the throw reductions based on what you'd chose. Since you want the flat stick: there are two options as well there too (long and short). If you'd want the longer flat stick, I'd go with a bigger throw reduction here. If you want the shorter stick, you can chose based on % you'd like your throw see shorter.

these are the available colours:

and you can chose to add one of these as a logo on the side

GT
pony
mgw
coyote
gear pattern ( all years )
punisher skull
lethal skull
gt350 cobra
gt500 cobra
mach 1

If you want a MGW shift knob, you won't need the adapter. The special nut comes with it. The adapter is only if you'd like to keep your OEM knob, but (I think) that won't work on the flat stick.

Correct!

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Good work guys. One question- [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] I have a after market cue ball shifter knob so don't need to order one but I will need the jam nut. On the mgw site there's an option to order it but I can't see that on your site. Would you be able to order one for me with my shifter?
No problem! I'll add it right now.

edit: done

Last edited:

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION]:-

Order Confirmed as:-

Flat blade in Red with Coyote Logo
X Spec
Standard Handle
Black Shift Knob with MGW Logo

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Order placed: X spec shifter, standard handle, extra jam nut. Job's a good un. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I still didn't sort my other project ..... Trying to email some American companies is like pulling teeth.

I'll go through all the options tonight when on my PC.... Will update later :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must say, this is a great group buy..

4 out of five paid within 13 hours of launch!! AND no hassles!!
Sponsored