Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes :O

Little tidbit on it though for the MY18's
"Ford say that a face-lifted Mustang will be available later this year with Pre-Collision Assist and Lane Keep Assist as standard. Euro NCAP expects to test the safety of this updated model when it is available on the European market."

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Unless I'm going mad, this Mustang got top marks somewhere a while back? I vaguely remember it being 4-5 stars somewhere. Maybe that was a USA thing?

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Unless I'm going mad, this Mustang got top marks somewhere a while back? I vaguely remember it being 4-5 stars somewhere. Maybe that was a USA thing?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administrstion awarded the 2017 Mustang 5 stars. 5 for Frontal Crash, 5 for Side Crash, 5 for Rollover and 5 overall.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
It's unsuitable for rear passengers, the airbags are useless and Ford DELIBERATELY designed it that way?

What in the hell. That's awful.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
In short don't carry rear passengers and DO NOT crash, you will not survive.

Oh wait, loads have crashed and no one has being seriously injured.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administrstion awarded the 2017 Mustang 5 stars. 5 for Frontal Crash, 5 for Side Crash, 5 for Rollover and 5 overall.
Thanks Simon, knew I wasn't making it up! I will go with their score :ford:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Simon, knew I wasn't making it up! I will go with their score :ford:
On of the links also says how 'Us tests are easier and less stringent' than EU ones.... #ShotsFired :lol:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
simple solution
a) rear seat delete kit lets face it who the hell wants snotty nosed chocolate eating terrorists in the back of their lovely car.
b) its the pedestrians own fault for being in the road/way of where my car wants to be.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
On of the links also says how 'Us tests are easier and less stringent' than EU ones.... #ShotsFired :lol:
Is that true?? Haven't loads of cars had to have different bumpers fitted due to their tests.
1 I know of (it's a long time ago) im sure the Ferrari F40 had different bumbers fitted to pass US crash tests

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
One good thing to take from this:

"This assessment of the Ford Mustang is based on the vehicle that has been on sale since 2015. Ford has informed Euro NCAP that orders placed after May will receive an updated vehicle, which will be launched later in 2017, and will be equipped with Pre Collision Assist (with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking) and Lane Keeping Aid"

So, any orders placed between now and the end of May will be '17MY.......with '18MY cars being for June and later orders!

:)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Is that true?? Haven't loads of cars had to have different bumpers fitted due to their tests.
1 I know of (it's a long time ago) im sure the Ferrari F40 had different bumbers fitted to pass US crash tests
"What really concerns me,” continues Avery, “is that Ford has made a deliberate choice.The car has been designed to score well in less wide-ranging US consumer safety tests and only minor updates have been made to meet required European (pedestrian) safety regulations.This has resulted in poor adult and child protection scores and the high tech radar collision warning system that is available to US consumers, not being available here in the UK.The Two Star Euro NCAP rating is the consequence.”

&

"says that the Ford Mustang bucks the positive trend towards safer cars by not offering similar levels of safety in the UK as in the United States, and advises that there are safer choices as a result of the Two Star Euro NCAP rating it received today."

To be honest, i know of a few car brands that do different things to pass separate tests etc or score highly. but never one that's gone backwards..... go us ;)!:lol:

As others have noted, i'm yet to hear of a death, fatal injury, or major injury for that matter from anyone having crashed these.

[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] if only we could believe that lmao ;)!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
One good thing to take from this:

"This assessment of the Ford Mustang is based on the vehicle that has been on sale since 2015. Ford has informed Euro NCAP that orders placed after May will receive an updated vehicle, which will be launched later in 2017, and will be equipped with Pre Collision Assist (with Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking) and Lane Keeping Aid"

So, any orders placed between now and the end of May will be '17MY.......with '18MY cars being for June and later orders!

:)
Good to know :D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
It is clearly obvious to me:

MY15 or S550.1: Ford went global but did not do their homework, hence all the issues, safety, regulations, handling.

MY18: Ford have learnt, they now know what is required to truly be global.

As such MY18 should score a lot better and just simply be a better car.

Of course these NCAP test are just to appease men suites, were all a bunch of hooligans and don't particular care, if we were all green and about safety we'd take the bus/train.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Who are all these fecking suicidal pedestrians that like to jump in front of cars:eyebulge:
Sponsored