Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Excuse my ignorance but aren't the bump stops needed to install the new springs or can you just go with what is already installed?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Excuse my ignorance but aren't the bump stops needed to install the new springs or can you just go with what is already installed?
One would presume not, if this is what Ford are shipping along with the TuV certificate.

Would be interested to hear otherwise though!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
But ive just sent an email to Eibach to ask them :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Was there not something about cutting down the originals if not using replacements. I should know, what with having them fitted but...

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
If they do not supply new ones, take some of the originals, cars do not handle very well on bump stops. ;)

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
If you are dointerested my this, I would aslo recommend fitting the eibach front and rear antiroll bars as well. Then will get the full benefits

Get rid of the Pirellis too

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you are dointerested my this, I would aslo recommend fitting the eibach front and rear antiroll bars as well. Then will get the full benefits

Get rid of the Pirellis too
My initial plan had been to get BMR kit as per Gibbo 's handling thread but when the springs were so cheap I just had to get them. Someone on here has also mentioned that Nemesis will become BMR stockists in February so can save hassle of ordering from USA.

I'll worry about the Pirelli's after the summer.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
My initial plan had been to get BMR kit as per Gibbo 's handling thread but when the springs were so cheap I just had to get them. Someone on here has also mentioned that Nemesis will become BMR stockists in February so can save hassle of ordering from USA.

I'll worry about the Pirelli's after the summer.
If your doing only sprints BMR performance work good on stock shocks. But if you can stretch funds get KW V1 with Eibach anti roll bars and you will be delighted, about £1500 total and all uk supplied.

BuT at £150 these are a steal!

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If your doing only sprints BMR performance work good on stock shocks. But if you can stretch funds get KW V1 with Eibach anti roll bars and you will be delighted, about £1500 total and all uk supplied.

BuT at £150 these are a steal!
I'll be honest and say the biggest mod I've undertaken before this has been putting an air freshener on the rear view mirror. Wanting bang for buck as this is the first car I have ever bought new.
Will most likely do it piece by piece at first as I have grand plans for when it finally arrives that my bank account can't afford all at once.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Bmr minimum drop looks like the way forward to me. Will report back when fitted folks.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Have been in touch with Eibach in the UK and Germany this morning, very helpful people!

The Ford kit is complete and correct, 4 springs only. They are designed to work with the original bump stops and dust protectors with no mods.

Their explanation was that they are now selling two 'PRO' kits. An EU and a US version.

The kit complete with the bumpstops etc (the original version) is the US version, although will still work on EU and UK cars. These are the kits you will find online via independent retailers.

The kit you buy from Ford is now effectively the 'EU' version, will only be available from Ford, has a TuV compliance certificate and does not need/come with the extra.

:)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Not sure I can get my head round that. Would suggest that the springs were firmer/less compressible? Regardless, I'm no expert and they are so all's well :)

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Not sure I can get my head round that. Would suggest that the springs were firmer/less compressible? Regardless, I'm no expert and they are so all's well :)
Yes, my laymans guess is that these might have slightly revised spring rates.

I cross-checked the part numbers with the guy on the technical helpline (read off from the spring) and he verified they were the correct spring for the 'EU' 5.0GT and were designed to work out of the box with zero extra bits needed.

Here are the two part numbers (from the spring). Maybe its possible for someone to cross-check these with the numbers from a 'normal' pro kit?

1135 029 01 RA

1135 029 03 FA
Sponsored