papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Just watched the video, and I have to actually eat my own words.
He said clearly that they did all the changes needed for euro regulations, like moving headlights so to have drls working, lowering hood to have hood scoops and so on.
I am really impressed that a big company like Ford is listening to customers. Kudos to you Ford! :ford:

Re: taillights, he said something in the video but I haven't fully understand..
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Re: taillights, he said something in the video but I haven't fully understand..
Yeah, it was a little unclear, but it seemed like he was talking about the requirement of different LED boards.....one for the US to enable sequentials, and one for Europe. He didn't say anything about red tail lamps for the rest of the world though.......and, although we've seen clear tails on that RHD prototype, I'll be disappointed if they remain clear for the production cars as they've clearly listened to the complaints about a lack of front DRLS / hood vents etc.....and clear tails were right up there on the complaints list.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yeah, it was a little unclear, but it seemed like he was talking about the requirement of different LED boards.....one for the US to enable sequentials, and one for Europe. He didn't say anything about red tail lamps for the rest of the world though.......and, although we've seen clear tails on that RHD prototype, I'll be disappointed if they remain clear for the production cars as they've clearly listened to the complaints about a lack of front DRLS / hood vents etc.....and clear tails were right up there on the complaints list.
His exact words about the tail lights were 'different lenses', which combined with the spotted prototype means clear lenses again if you ask me.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
No, we were the lucky ones that bought a beautifully designed muscle car, before they completely ruined the front end on the MY2018.

I wouldn't have bought a Mustang if it looked like that.
And that is exactly what everyone with a 14 or older said about the front end of the 15 when it was first introduced.

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
And that is exactly what everyone with a 14 or older said about the front end of the 15 when it was first introduced.
I also liked the '14 style, and also loved the '15 when I first saw it online.

Not so with the '18, sorry.

Sponsored

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I'm in CH as well and bough myself a US spec S550 - no problems whatsoever :thumbsup:
Yes that is normal because the US models are homologated so you do not have to take stuff off but add and modify (adding the water dispenser to clean the 35w HID, changing the turn signals in the back so you do not have the sequential lights working - not EU approved, etc.). I know all this since I had a US V6 2012 before and it was exactly as the base US model except for the homologation additions. Nevertheless I thought taking an EU model would be less annoying with the ford stores (warranty, service etc.), but some of them sell US models too, had I known maybe I would have taken an US model. But I am happy with mine :)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I originally "needed" hooded vents and the rear spoiler when I saw the S550, but have since moved on... and don't find them that attractive on the car. It's good these changes are coming, but I much prefer the front end of the MY15 over the MY18...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I am curious to see if they will give us all the other optionals that were not available in export models:
- BLIS
- Cross traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Pre-collision assistant
- Memory seats
- Homelink garage door opener

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I am curious to see if they will give us all the other optionals that were not available in export models:
- BLIS
- Cross traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Pre-collision assistant
- Memory seats
- Homelink garage door opener
Yes those would be very interesting :clap2:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yes those would be very interesting :clap2:
Yeah, considering that Ford already offers these features on other models here (like on the Mondeo)

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I'll keep on modding and see what the 2020 will bring us Tax wise with the Hybrid engine...

As mentioned by PJ, nothing important we can't get except maybe the speedometer for those who like it.

I for sure will start the 2018 mods with the new 5 spoke wheels.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)