Dashcam hardwire location?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Last time I checked, Ford garages don't seem to stock them, neither do Maplin, Halfords etc. So you might be right!

I ended up ordering various ampages to make up an 'emergency kit' from abroad - cost more in postage.
This is interesting
I had my F750 hard wired by a company who deals with the company who got me the car. So it was done before I picked up the car.
Now if these are so hard to get hold of, this company who are not associated with Ford, must have these fuses in stock?
Mind you, he done a brilliant job, even done it so i have the back working on my convertible
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I figured out what went wrong last time :eek:

1. The red wire comes with a "U" shape head, which makes it easy to connect with the battery.
2. The black wire must be grounded to your vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Righto.

Ive changed my dashcam recently. Gone for a Thinkware F800PRO.

Its one of the daddies of cameras... dual-channel, cloud enabled, newest HD sensors etc.

Im very happy with it, quality seems great.

Its also get a very comprehensive parking mode (which is what I wanted) but this requires a double hardwired connection (ACC and constant 12v).

Quite a few guides on the old web are wrong in regards as to what fuses to use (ExoticPonyMods guide for eg).

So, heres what I used and its working great.

Constant 12V = fuse 2
ACC (switched) = fuse 36

Very happy with the Thinkware... its far from cheap (say compared to my previous MINI0806) but you can see where the money goes.

ps. Its also doubles as a speed camera detector, has a GEO-fencing and GPS remote location function, lane dep. warnings etc. So its quite a lot more than just a camera.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Righto.

Ive changed my dashcam recently. Gone for a Thinkware F800PRO.

So, heres what I used and its working great.

Constant 12V = fuse 2
ACC (switched) = fuse 36.
I fitted one a few weeks back and used the following fuse points.

Constant 12v = fuse 2
ACC switched = fuse 23:)

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
What made you go for the F800? With my 2nd Mustang on order, a dashcam is top of my list (Above exhaust) as I had problems with vandalism on the last car (New car park @ work now though so hopefully wont repeat).

I was originally looking at Blackvue 750S 2channel with a power magic pro to powerup for parking mode but the Thinkware has the same slim design I want so open to looking at that.

I just want Front and Rear coverage in a slim cylinder design without a screen that records well and does parking mode for when I am away from the car. Needs to be hardwired in too with all cables hidden.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
What made you go for the F800? With my 2nd Mustang on order, a dashcam is top of my list (Above exhaust) as I had problems with vandalism on the last car (New car park @ work now though so hopefully wont repeat).

I was originally looking at Blackvue 750S 2channel with a power magic pro to powerup for parking mode but the Thinkware has the same slim design I want so open to looking at that.

I just want Front and Rear coverage in a slim cylinder design without a screen that records well and does parking mode for when I am away from the car. Needs to be hardwired in too with all cables hidden.
I’d already got the Thinkware 770 fitted, when my windscreen got smashed, so had to remove it.
I just fancied upgrading to the 800 pro:). A mate offered to buy the 770 so it wasn’t an expensive upgrade:thumbsup:

I honestly don’t think there is much to choose between the blackvue and the Thinkware.
I stuck with Thinkware because the car was already wired for that brand.

I’d say that the blackvue is a slightly neater design, but the Thinkware maybe has a few more features, and if you hardwire you don’t need the power magic pro.. so it probably works out a bit cheaper.

I got mine from here:D

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalo...MIprjSrrH02gIVjLHtCh15awWTEAAYAyAAEgJqXfD_BwE

Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. Is there enough of a difference between the 770 and 800 to make it worth the extra ÂŁ100 if buying fresh without being able to sell your old one?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. Is there enough of a difference between the 770 and 800 to make it worth the extra ÂŁ100 if buying fresh without being able to sell your old one?
I think so, yes.... But if I hadn’t have had to remove the 770 I probably wouldn’t have bothered upgrading..:)

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
But how much time do you actually spend looking at the footage?
I think I’ve only ever looked three times in a year and he F770 was crystal clear.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
But how much time do you actually spend looking at the footage?
I think I’ve only ever looked three times in a year and he F770 was crystal clear.
I study every frame in detail:D:D:

In reality hardly ever:lol:. I had no reason to upgrade at all other than I felt like treating myself to a new toy.

The fact that my mate paid a fair price for my old camera added to some man maths and the justification was easy:thumbsup:

Regarding picture quality, I’d say that there is no difference between the 770 and the 800, but the user interface on the 800 is a step up...:)

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting there is little difference in quality. As I am mainly looking for a parking protection camera for night/work then I think the 770 may be enough and would save me ÂŁ100 too which I can spend on some LED's etc.

I'll have a look once the car arrives.
Sponsored