Sponsored

Upload of File Failed Error Message

Sunman54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
New to the forum and can't upload pictures of my new Mustang from my Apple IMAC. Took pictures with an Apple I phone 6 and uploaded those to my IMAC. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
New to the forum and can't upload pictures of my new Mustang from my Apple IMAC. Took pictures with an Apple I phone 6 and uploaded those to my IMAC. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks

Had the same issue when I tried to upload pix of my 15 GT. Solution was to crop the pic because the original exceeded the amount of pixels or whatever you could upload. The pixel size that worked for me was 500X450. Attached is a cropped pic of my 15 GT that I was finally able to upload. Hope this helps.
20150722_152059.jpg

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
If it is within these file size and resolution limits it should upload without any problem.

attachment.png

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Glad I found this topic, but I must still be doing something incorrect. I can't seem to get this image to work as an avatar regardless of my futile efforts to resize it, crop it, or scale it down through tinypic. I've used several different images as avatars and never had an issue so long as I sized them down to 320x240, 160x120, or 100x75. With this image however, all those sizes result in "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file." And of course full size is too large. Not sure what to do at this point.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Are you attempting to upload the signature image from your computer or using the "Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" function?

I'd suggest the former and make sure the image does not exceed 125x125 and the file size is no larger than 97.7KB.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Glad I found this topic, but I must still be doing something incorrect. I can't seem to get this image to work as an avatar regardless of my futile efforts to resize it, crop it, or scale it down through tinypic. I've used several different images as avatars and never had an issue so long as I sized them down to 320x240, 160x120, or 100x75. With this image however, all those sizes result in "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file." And of course full size is too large. Not sure what to do at this point.

Seems fine, see avatar (I'll swap back to my original one after you see this) :)

You can right-click on my avatar, save-as, and re-upload it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION]

FYI, there is an error during the upload (though it didn't affect my test upload of his avatar):

PHP:
PHP User Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/mustang6g:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in ..../includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 204

PHP User Warning: fopen(): Filename cannot be empty in ..../includes/class_image.php on line 333

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just open the image file with the default app, that should Preview, then under Tools in Preview you should see an option for Resizing, etc.
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 3.18.27 PM.png

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Seems fine, see avatar (I'll swap back to my original one after you see this) :)

You can right-click on my avatar, save-as, and re-upload it.
I don't know how you managed to do that but thank you. :hail: I am in your debt.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Tried uploading pics from my cell phone, and getting the same message. What am I doing wrong???:shrug:
Sponsored