Sponsored

Solo Performance 2015 Mustang GT Street Race XV 3" Catback Exhaust Kit

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Solo Performance 5.0L Mustang GT STREET RACE XV Catback Exhaust Kit (Our Loudest Version)

Application: 5.0L Mustang GT, Coupe and Convertible.

Model Year: 2015–Present

All of us at Solo Performance are excited to bring our 2015 Mustang GT Street Race Cat-Back exhaust kit to the Mustang community. This is a full 3” stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust kit that fits both the convertible and coupe. This Cat-Back kit is our louder version (louder than our cat-back Mach, Mach-Thunder and a touch quieter than our Axle-Back kit) and offers a deep, mean, 60’s muscle car sound without the drone usually associated with a full volume Mustang exhaust system. This is a “Sound on Demand” exhaust system that produces the sound you want when accelerating or revving but becomes much quieter at cruise speeds. Solo has replaced that annoying cruise speed cabin drone with a comfortable, non-invasive exhaust note through advanced technology and a painstaking R&D process. Solo’s 2015 , 5.0L Mustang GT Street Race exhaust kit comes with a mid X-Pipe and Solo’s rear tunable J-Pipes. These J-pipes are capped off on the end and as the sound waves enter the J-pipe, they bottom out on the end cap and bounce back. Upon the sound wave re-entering the exhaust flow, it collides with the specific Mustang GT drone frequency and cancels it out. The Solo Tailpipe section has been built with ease of installation in mind. The pivotal, telescoping tailpipe assembly gives you an easy way to center the 4.5” tip the first try. Experience all the Roar your Mustang is capable of without being rocked out of the cabin with Solo’s 3” mandrel bent stainless steel Mustang Street Race cat-back exhaust kit…tomorrow’s technology on today’s Mustang GT.

Special Kit Features:

• Front Solo Stamped X-Pipe
  • Rear J-Pipes to eliminate that annoying cabin drone.
  • Rear pivotal, telescoping tailpipe assembly for ease of installation.
  • Fits Coupe and Convertible (we were able to thread the 3” pipe through the bracing on the convertible for free uninterrupted flow)
  • The Mustang GT is loaded with special features. Complete the look and sound with a Solo Performance’s Street Race exhaust kit.

Kit Details:

• Stainless steel dual cat-back exhaust kit
  • 3” Mandrel bent, stainless steel exhaust pipes
  • Completely BOLT-ON using only regular tools
  • All hardware included
  • Heavy duty reinforced hangers
  • 4 ½” T304 polished stainless steel exhaust tips with inner bevel
  • Solo tunable J-Pipes to eliminate drone
  • Mid stamped true X-Pipe to combat harsh RPM ranges and equalize cylinder pressure
  • This kit is free flow and uses no traditional muffler
  • Our loudest version for the 5.0L 2015 Mustang GT

Kit Pricing:

2015-present Mustang GT STREET RACE XV cat-back exhaust kit- $878.32 (standard T304 polished tips)

2015-present Mustang GT STREET RACE XV cat-back exhaust kit- $909.82 (with black tips)

To order, please contact:

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance Sales and Customer Service
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
[email protected]
http://www.solo-performance.com

Special thanks to Salim, Yanki, Steve, Rudy, Peter, George, Depak, and Elmer for their time, efforts, feedback, and support during our lengthy R&D process plus filming. We appreciate it very much!

[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I have this setup and it is amazing. It's loud as hell, but no drone.

I have had 4 of their exhaust systems on my cars including my 13gt and 15gt.

Quality and sound are top notch as is the customer service. Steve and Jeff are great guys and amazing to deal with.

I'll post some videos when the weather cooperates here.

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have this setup and it is amazing. It's loud as hell, but no drone.

I have had 4 of their exhaust systems on my cars including my 13gt and 15gt.

Quality and sound are top notch as is the customer service. Steve and Jeff are great guys and amazing to deal with.

I'll post some videos when the weather cooperates here.
Thanks very much for the kind words!!! We are so happy you love your Solo products! Glad to have you as part of the SOLO family!

Steve

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Friendly BUMP:) You can't beat group buy pricing. This is one of the only times they will be priced this low.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Does it still have tone with no mufflers?

If so, does it keep the tone through the entire RPM range? I've seen go super raspy/tiny at high rpm/WOT.

Thanks

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does it still have tone with no mufflers?

If so, does it keep the tone through the entire RPM range? I've seen go super raspy/tiny at high rpm/WOT.

Thanks
Hello and thanks for the question. Yes, it still has plenty of tone. This is an aggressive kit, so it does have considerable volume, yet without the interior drone. It is not tinny. It's deep, mean, aggressive, and just in your face nasty. Tone sounds great though the entire RPM range. Thanks:)

Steve

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Hello and thanks for the question. Yes, it still has plenty of tone. This is an aggressive kit, so it does have considerable volume, yet without the interior drone. It is not tinny. It's deep, mean, aggressive, and just in your face nasty. Tone sounds great though the entire RPM range. Thanks:)

Steve
Appreciate the reply. You mention this kit is the loudest for the 2015. Do you have other kits available you can share sound clips of? I do love the sound I'm hearing of the yellow car.

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had their exhaust on my Pontiac G8 GT and got hundreds of compliments. Solo knows their stuff I will be getting this as well most likely.

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Appreciate the reply. You mention this kit is the loudest for the 2015. Do you have other kits available you can share sound clips of? I do love the sound I'm hearing of the yellow car.
I'm sure the Mach kit and the axleback kits are quieter. Though they says 11-2014 i bet they fit the 2015 as well. but im sure Solo can chime in !

Sponsored
OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The Street Race kit is for the aggressive enthusiast that likes the car loud, mean, and flat out aggressive. If you are looking for a quiet exhaust, this is not the one. While it is no drone, it has considerable volume on the outside and when you step on it. If you like it loud, this is the kit for you.

We will have two quieter kits being released soon that uses our long and short Mach muffler, but we want to get this one out first for the more aggressive Mustang owners.

Last edited:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Would you be able to compare this to say a Corsa extreme catback or H pipe + roush setup in terms of loudness?

I'm liking what I hear in the videos I am just picturing this being insanely loud with no mufflers.

Johras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Would you be able to compare this to say a Corsa extreme catback or H pipe + roush setup in terms of loudness?

I'm liking what I hear in the videos I am just picturing this being insanely loud with no mufflers.
I have not heard those to be honest. Roush tends to typically be a loud kit, and this one will be loud too. It has no mufflers, and is for the aggressive daily driver or track user. Corsa tends to have more of a hollow note, whereas ours is a more full note.

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I saw a Solo Performance catback on Amazon that looks like it has a muffler in the midpipe, is this legit and the quieter system?

http://www.amazon.com/2015-Mustang-...e=UTF8&qid=1445210147&sr=8-3&keywords=mustang
EDIT: Yes, these are available now as well. We have a long Mach kit (quietest), short Mach (more aggressive than Mach), and axle back. All are at group buy pricing at 15% off. We will have separate threads for that soon. If you want one of these other kits, please email me at [email protected]

I don't want this thread to go off course, so we will have new threads for the other kits as soon as videos are complete.
Sponsored

Last edited: