Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yup I mean the polish chap. I know a few guys around here with his modified lights without any issue :thumbsup:

I also heard complaints and also heard good things. I had the front lights done from him without an issue. So I'll give him my money to make the rears, if I have to complain, then send him the lights back under warranty :D
Fair enough, bit hit and miss then. I unfortunately even if he could do them perfectly, can't be without tail lights on my car for prolongued periods, as I've not got a second car whilst lil brother is at uni (I gave him my older car) - so no way to get around for 2-3weeks whilst polish chap does them ;)!
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Fair enough, bit hit and miss then. I unfortunately even if he could do them perfectly, can't be without tail lights on my car for prolongued periods, as I've not got a second car whilst lil brother is at uni (I gave him my older car) - so no way to get around for 2-3weeks whilst polish chap does them ;)!
I have the same problem as it's my daily car. But for that, we have now a workaround for this as stated above. You can swap your light by the polish chap :D
He send you modified lights, you install them on your car, once done, you send your lights back :ninja:

So you don't need to stay for weeks without lights on your car :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same problem as it's my daily car. But for that, we have now a workaround for this as stated above. You can swap your light by the polish chap :D
He send you modified lights, you install them on your car, once done, you send your lights back :ninja:

So you don't need to stay for weeks without lights on your car :thumbsup:
Not the worst, what's he charging for a swap?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
For the fronts, yeah, rears, legality purposes, easier to get through approvals with 1 car that fits entire of eur than 50 odd variants, quicker for production etc etc etc.

2k with fords pricing structure is cheap lol - I've been quotted in the ÂŁ500 from my guys to do the rears which is acceptable, waiting on finalisation before I go down and get them done.
[MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] don't I just know it lol. If by Unanmed you mean the polish chap, then didn't his lights have loads of issues with defects etc? Seem to remember a few complaints about them.

Ah well, looks like sooner or later, we'll have the lights done, finished and whatever business offers the best product/price will have a yacht :lol:
It's fun that I could remember only one guy from Belgium complaints about some issue with his job.. but can better remember many many MANY guys complaints about DD products..
Sh*t happens, the important thing is how the seller manage it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's fun that I could remember only one guy from Belgium complaints about some issue with his job.. but can better remember many many MANY guys complaints about DD products..
Sh*t happens, the important thing is how the seller manage it.
Diode fkd up my sequential front lights, had a wire coloure dblue when it should have been red and misplaced them, had to cut them from diodes side and resoulder them, then tape them up.... not a happy bunny about that still, got Sidemarkers to go in on sunday too!

To be honest, with me and the polish chap it was first a case of 'how long to wait without a car' with John's message of the price of the mod and him sending lights first, it has me, very, very tempted to do it, and then retint mine. However the other one of DD vs Random polish chap is... quite literally that, DD are a proper company, when he started he was just a random, it seems he's now got a proper business doing it (or did before) from a quick fb search ;)!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Diode fkd up my sequential front lights, had a wire coloure dblue when it should have been red and misplaced them, had to cut them from diodes side and resoulder them, then tape them up.... not a happy bunny about that still, got Sidemarkers to go in on sunday too!

To be honest, with me and the polish chap it was first a case of 'how long to wait without a car' with John's message of the price of the mod and him sending lights first, it has me, very, very tempted to do it, and then retint mine. However the other one of DD vs Random polish chap is... quite literally that, DD are a proper company, when he started he was just a random, it seems he's now got a proper business doing it (or did before) from a quick fb search ;)!
Tag me in the Facebook mate. I wanna look into it. :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hello, is this guy still doing this modifications? What is the price ?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Diode Dynamics Switchback LED Boards

I thought it'd be good to share my experience with you guys. This is a DIY method to place the LED Boards inside the headlights :thumbsup:

1. Cut a hole in the light

2. Place the Boards inside the light and secure everything with glue

3. Seal the cut-out with a good sealant

I put a lot of glue to be sure that everything is really well sealed :D

4. The finsih view

:cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it'd be good to share my experience with you guys. This is a DIY method to place the LED Boards inside the headlights :thumbsup:

1. Cut a hole in the light

2. Place the Boards inside the light and secure everything with glue

3. Seal the cut-out with a good sealant

I put a lot of glue to be sure that everything is really well sealed :D

4. The finsih view

:cheers:
That Finshih view looks great ;)!

How's your rears btw, got mine done last week!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I wish there was already a DIY solution for the taillights.

For the fronts the idea with the template is great, I do wonder if it would be possible to 3d print a mold/seal in rubber to close the lights of again. Anyone?

I mean, if you 3d print a mold based on the edges of the template with a bit of overlap on both sided you could slide the cut out piece back in to place without glue or silicone and reopen the headlights whenever needed and also have a clean looking finish.

Just an idea!
Sponsored