Sponsored

What did you do to your EU S550 Mustang Today

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
What did you do to your EU S550 Mustang Today: Scratch the surface!

Not today but yesterday the wind slammed my door shut with something in the way... What you see is bare metal, not even the base coat survived.

How would you fix this?

Dealer bodyshop, OEM paint bottle (that I ordered in august and still didn't receive), DR. Colorchip or LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair?

Thx!
Door-scratch.jpg
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Velossa Big Mouth & US GT lower grille fitted.

20170227_120254.jpg
[/URL]
20170227_120259.jpg

20170227_120305.jpg

20170227_120312.jpg

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Don't you feel like you should have done that way earlier now you've seen it :D? At least, that's what I had after installing my lower grille.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Not today but yesterday the wind slammed my door shut with something in the way... What you see is bare metal, not even the base coat survived.

How would you fix this?

Dealer bodyshop, OEM paint bottle (that I ordered in august and still didn't receive), DR. Colorchip or LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair?

Thx!
Today at the dealership, there was a Mustang in the paint garage so I thought it would have had an accident and went to check it out. Turns out it was somebody who had a few minor stone chips (way less than I'm having already to be honest) and his insurance payed for a complete repaint before he'll be putting on a complete see-through protection wrap :crazy: I doubt every insurance company is gonna be that cool, but you can always try :D

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Don't you feel like you should have done that way earlier now you've seen it :D? At least, that's what I had after installing my lower grille.
I had it sitting in my garage for nearly 4 months already. Curse my laziness! :)

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Today at the dealership, there was a Mustang in the paint garage so I thought it would have had an accident and went to check it out. Turns out it was somebody who had a few minor stone chips (way less than I'm having already to be honest) and his insurance payed for a complete repaint before he'll be putting on a complete see-through protection wrap :crazy: I doubt every insurance company is gonna be that cool, but you can always try :D
Serious, I hope his full paint job will be better, thicker than the factory one... I hope it's labor of love to remove the imperfections after paint, wet sanding etc.

Anyway, my insurance said to have a repair quote made and I could throw in the rest as well... stone chips and the small bruises from the idiot with his tow hook who messed with my bumper passed summer.
Still it won't make much sense as the first 650€ is on my expense anyway, so eventually I might get a few 100€ from it if it cost more than 650€.:doh:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
just looking at it would probably exceed €650 up here... I touched a rear fender once - which got some barely visible paint rub off... garage wanted €2700 for it :'(.

It's getting to be the way health insurance is in the US... since everyone know the insurance company is paying anyway they just jack up the prices to insane proportions...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
just looking at it would probably exceed €650 up here... I touched a rear fender once - which got some barely visible paint rub off... garage wanted €2700 for it :'(.

It's getting to be the way health insurance is in the US... since everyone know the insurance company is paying anyway they just jack up the prices to insane proportions...
That's crazy!

Maybe I should just forget about it and let it become a beaten up & bruised car down the road. Ready for a full respray at some point, since the factory paint isn't that impressive anyway. But then the dilemma kicks, OH NO loosing factory paint on a mustang!

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

Sounds like an insurance rip-off. I have some tiny, tiny chips on my passenger door (again!), I'm having it touched up later this month. I did ask how much it would cost to have the entire door repainted, I got a quote of only €300 (excluding VAT). Not worth it as they are two spots, smaller than a stone chip, but still, not too bad.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Yea I notified my company that the costs seemed too high for the visual damage I could see and they were going to look into, request the documentation etc. Who Knows!
[MENTION=21495]Rev_B[/MENTION] how did you do that?

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
[MENTION=21495]Rev_B[/MENTION] how did you do that?
I didn't do it myself, I took the car to a car upholsterer, and payed for it... :)

100x better this way. I have the base trim, because I wanted the black wheels and no chrome around windows, so the doors were all in horrible, hard plastic.

Now it seems and feels much more refined inside.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Finally installed the dark red vinyl on my taillights some days ago!

The kit from Dennis also includes dark red vinyls for our ugly amber sidemarkers. Since I already have the red led sidemarkers from DD, if there is someone interested in these I would send to him for free :) it's part of my "Get rid of those horrible amber sidemarkers!" campaign :paddle:

IMG_20170320_224636%20Medium_zpsbywapi4w.jpg

:cheers:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
If you have no other takers I could help you unload those. Never understood why we have these orange things on our nice rear ends...
Sponsored