Sponsored

Steeda S550 Differential Bushing Inserts - Urethane and Aluminum - Now Available!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
First let me start by saying thank you for coming up with creative solutions to Ford's lack of attention to the details (or maybe just short-sighted cost cutting) on these kind of issues.
I do have to bring up the point that the pricing seems a bit silly for some bolts and polyeurethane (or aluminum). I realize the cost involves many other factors, including research and engineering. With that said, I see about the equivalent in materials for two sets of sway bar endlink sets. Something that would cost roughly $20-40. I guess what I'm getting at is that when you approach a marketing strategy that focuses on high-margin products - it not only annoys some people, but it opens you up to competitors that will straight up copy your product then undercut you and steal your marketshare. If you had just released these at $50 a pop you very well may have doubled your sales figures, and reduced your risk to competition by not allowing for such a disparity. If I were in business to sell parts this is the kind of opening I would be looking for. Luckily I am not that businessman. I am just a bit annoyed with this trend towards making car guys forget how much things really cost.
Not trying to be a negative nancy but I just call it like it is. Carry on and keep making cool things.
I am sure Steeda has a clue what their products should be priced at. They have been in business since 1988 I believe and have been very successful. Look around and see what the competitors price their like products at.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Does the aluminum just increase noise, not vibration or harshness? If that is the case, I don't mind noise (deaf in both ears) and I'd get the aluminum instead.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
First let me start by saying thank you for coming up with creative solutions to Ford's lack of attention to the details (or maybe just short-sighted cost cutting) on these kind of issues.
I do have to bring up the point that the pricing seems a bit silly for some bolts and polyeurethane (or aluminum). I realize the cost involves many other factors, including research and engineering. With that said, I see about the equivalent in materials for two sets of sway bar endlink sets. Something that would cost roughly $20-40. I guess what I'm getting at is that when you approach a marketing strategy that focuses on high-margin products - it not only annoys some people, but it opens you up to competitors that will straight up copy your product then undercut you and steal your marketshare. If you had just released these at $50 a pop you very well may have doubled your sales figures, and reduced your risk to competition by not allowing for such a disparity. If I were in business to sell parts this is the kind of opening I would be looking for. Luckily I am not that businessman. I am just a bit annoyed with this trend towards making car guys forget how much things really cost.
Not trying to be a negative nancy but I just call it like it is. Carry on and keep making cool things.
:lol:

I guess everyone can have an opinion on what things should cost.. but there is always indirect costs associated with products. Office buildings, advertisements, etc.

It's their product and they can sell it for whatever they want to.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, although I can tell you there is a formula we have for pricing and a lot more goes into a product like this than you think. Also, zinc-plated, 14mm, grade 10.9 metric hardware is not cheap.

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Does the aluminum just increase noise, not vibration or harshness? If that is the case, I don't mind noise (deaf in both ears) and I'd get the aluminum instead.
It increases the noise, that's for sure - you'll notice more vibration inside the cabin as well.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
so that means Ill have these bushing inserts, your IRS bushing inserts, and BMR's vertical links.. and some MT Street 2's so Im pretty much done with wheel hop.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
so that means Ill have these bushing inserts, your IRS bushing inserts, and BMR's vertical links.. and some MT Street 2's so Im pretty much done with wheel hop.

Solid setup for sure, their vertical links should perform very similar to ours. You may want to check out our IRS subframe support braces as they also help to reduce wheel hop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I just finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought all your "wheel hop" curing items.

Braces, toe link, end link, bushings & centering inserts. I already had the subframe bushing kit sitting in my garage.

My question is why is there a street and performance bushing? I get why there is an aluminum option but 2 urethane options that both have "no NVH" is kinda silly to me. I mean, why wouldn't we just put the performance one in and be done with it if it stops more movement than the street one and zero NVH?

Is there something I'm not understanding about them?

Honestly I wish you sold them separately and I would have just purchased one or the other and saved a little money and not had a set of bushings just lying around my garage.

Anyone want what ever bushings I don't use lol?

But I do thank you for top notch parts. I have always been a Steeda fan and I am happy to be a returning customer.

Jaime

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda S550 Differential Bushing Inserts - Urethane and Aluminum - Now Availa...

David,

I have a question about using your bushing inserts AND a one piece aluminum driveshaft. Will these bushings do the same job with the one piece as it does with the factory two piece?

It was brought to my attention that if using a one piece driveshaft the inserts will not be enough and I may have to get complete bushing replacements.

Mind you I for one will not track or drag my car but I would like to find out the answer to this question as I am sure others will who plan to track and drag their cars.

Thank you,

Jaime

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Ok, I just finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought all your "wheel hop" curing items.

Braces, toe link, end link, bushings & centering inserts. I already had the subframe bushing kit sitting in my garage.

My question is why is there a street and performance bushing? I get why there is an aluminum option but 2 urethane options that both have "no NVH" is kinda silly to me. I mean, why wouldn't we just put the performance one in and be done with it if it stops more movement than the street one and zero NVH?

Is there something I'm not understanding about them?

Honestly I wish you sold them separately and I would have just purchased one or the other and saved a little money and not had a set of bushings just lying around my garage.

Anyone want what ever bushings I don't use lol?

But I do thank you for top notch parts. I have always been a Steeda fan and I am happy to be a returning customer.

Jaime

Thanks for reaching out. We released the kit with both durometer bushing options for adjustability, some people may want one or the other. Even though we didn't notice any NVH with either option, on certain applications (ex: larger wheels/tires, less sidewall), NVH might be a factor based on the bushing's durometer and the customer's sensitivity to it. I can tell you we are looking into releasing solely a 90 durometer bushing kit for a cheaper price, that one is looking like it's a week or so out.

David,

I have a question about using your bushing inserts AND a one piece aluminum driveshaft. Will these bushings do the same job with the one piece as it does with the factory two piece?

It was brought to my attention that if using a one piece driveshaft the inserts will not be enough and I may have to get complete bushing replacements.

Mind you I for one will not track or drag my car but I would like to find out the answer to this question as I am sure others will who plan to track and drag their cars.

Thank you,

Jaime

In our testing with a one-piece driveshaft, we saw no difference in performance whatsoever.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda S550 Differential Bushing Inserts - Urethane and Aluminum - Now Availa...

Figures lol. Maybe I can send back my kit for the 90 durometer? Better yet if my order hasn't shipped yet can you take that kit out and I'll wait for the single version?

Very good to know about driveshaft.

EDIT: Although I have one more question about it. I went with shaftmasters which is designed differently than the DSS one. Do you think this will matter?

Thank you for the reply :)

Jaime

Last edited:
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Figures lol. Maybe I can send back my kit for the 90 durometer? Better yet if my order hasn't shipped yet can you take that kit out and I'll wait for the single version?

Very good to know about driveshaft. Thank you for the reply :)

Jaime

Sure, can you pm me your order details?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, can you pm me your order details?

Sure stand by to standby...... for a PM

I also edited my last reply and don't know if you saw the new question about the driveshaft [emoji16]

Jaime

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
David, one more question if you would

I went with shaftmasters which is designed differently than the DSS one. Do you think this will matter?

Sponsored