The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
On a serious note, why don't Ford UK cancel orders and offer these cars to existing people on the waiting list?

If Ford have got cars in abundance, that they can't shift I may well cancel after all?
Worth seeing if they have one that matches your spec?
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Perhaps, but as they've ignored my last 3 mails to them, I guess I'll give that a miss?

My Focus RS arrives in April, so by the time the Mustang turns up around August I'll be ready and the Focus won't be a new toy any more??

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps, but as they've ignored my last 3 mails to them, I guess I'll give that a miss?

My Focus RS arrives in April, so by the time the Mustang turns up around August I'll be ready and the Focus won't be a new toy any more??
Eff knows, the woman who runs it (Karen) is literally the OP of the thread you're writing on ;)!

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

[MENTION=27831]Gloucesternige[/MENTION] if your looking for a Grabber Blue gt all options with no custom pack then I know of one arriving late April early May.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I wonder if they are registered or not? Would be difficult to shift a new GT with £515 VED when it will drop so much for cars registered after 1 April.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they are registered or not? Would be difficult to shift a new GT with £515 VED when it will drop so much for cars registered after 1 April.
Probably not registered unless it's 'pre-reg' or 'dealer-reg' car. In terms of tax, been through it a million times in a million threads. Tax may not stay at the price it is, may claim it's miss taxed etc, you dont see a return until year 3 of paying, give me a car a month older, same spec, but ones been taken car off and the other beat up, i'll take the one that's been taken care of... too many factors, not heard of many people looking at tax when buying a car... Not to make it a deciding factor at least.

Equally, if your car is due say in august, they may have a cancelled order of the same spec coming for april, so you ain't gotta worry about the tax changes etc.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I'll be honest here guys.. I really am considering cancelling here.. It looks like those Ncap peeps have won!!

There are 70 cars up on Autotrader, two for sale in my local dealer that arent moving and now we have Ford UK offering the mustangs for sale on a Mustang forum? Do I really want to invest £37K in a car that has gone from a one year wait to "spare cars available" in 6 months?

Please someone come up with a good reason to not cancel right now? The way things are going a one year old GT will be around £25k by year end.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'll be honest here guys.. I really am considering cancelling here.. It looks like those Ncap peeps have won!!

There are 70 cars up on Autotrader, two for sale in my local dealer that arent moving and now we have Ford UK offering the mustangs for sale on a Mustang forum? Do I really want to invest £37K in a car that has gone from a one year wait to "spare cars available" in 6 months?

Please someone come up with a good reason to not cancel right now? The way things are going a one year old GT will be around £25k by year end.
who cares just get the car and enjoy it worrying about depreciation you'd never buy any car brand new they all lose a fortune as soon as you drive them off the forecourt

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

To be honest, I wont come up with a reason not for you to cancel. Because it's your choice. :thumbsup:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
To be honest, I wont come up with a reason not for you to cancel. Because it's your choice. :thumbsup:
What he says ^^

I haven't typed this in a while but... Mustang isn't for everyone.
To be honest I can't understand why anyone who doesn't really want a Mustang would order one. Even as the cheapest way to get a brand new 5.0 V8 there must be better ways to achieve the same levels of performance. Nothing else has that Mustang "thing" but if that "thing" isn't your thing then...

I know what I mean... :thumbsup:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
^^ This...

From what you've written, and no offence, it sounds like you've never really bought into the Mustang thing, which is fine (less people buying them keeps theme rare).

A 5.0 V8 high power rear wheel drive car is not the thing you buy if things like NCAP, fuel consumption, depreciation etc. are your priority criteria.

All I can say is that if 70 cars for sale on Autotrader, in a country where 31.7 million cars were registered for use on the road in 2016 really bothers you, then... ???

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have had better made cars, more expensive cars , faster cars, posher brands etc etc. However in 37 years of driving I have have never had something that has felt more MY car. When I see it and drive it , there is something about it that really connects. It has its foibles of course but when you hit the pedal the sensation of a sodding loud and grunty V8 is like nothing before. At that moment I don't give a toss about depreciation, about whether people like MY car or don't. I did not buy it with an accountants hat on or with that mindset. If fuel and NCAP and re sale values are essential then wait a few years and buy one second hand don't get a new one. I waited months and months for this car and followed it around the globe so probably have more connection with it than past ones.
For the record I used to have a 911 Turbo, amazing car super quality. After I had it for two years there were over 150 used for sale on Pistonheads having lost tens of thousands. The Mustang is not unique in losing money or being up for sale within a few years and given its low starting price you are unlikely to loose any more money than if you bought a £50k BMW or a £120k 911 Turbo. No fast and fuel guzzling car is ever going to be an investment financially, but I tell you what, it's one hell of an investment in life !

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
No fast and fuel guzzling car is ever going to be an investment financially, but I tell you what, it's one hell of an investment in life !
THIs!!!:clap2:

Nobody in their right mind buys a Mustang GT. Even the designers admit that. It's an emotional decision.

This car has a soul. I swear to god!
Sponsored