The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^ Mine is the same as this.... I think it's just dismantling the interior to get it out... never bothered looking into it when my interior was out... But i'll mention it to them at the service, It's funnily enough, in the same spot!!!
Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
^ Mine is the same as this.... I think it's just dismantling the interior to get it out... never bothered looking into it when my interior was out... But i'll mention it to them at the service, It's funnily enough, in the same spot!!!
Interesting... must be something on the production line... I thought Stevie Wonder ran the QC department but maybe he's hands on now in the factory :D:D:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting... must be something on the production line... I thought Stevie Wonder ran the QC department but maybe he's hands on now in the factory :D:D:D
i didn't notice it for months, it's only when I was in the foot well removing trim pieces i spotted it... Mind you, nevr sat in the passanger seat and looked there... Looked back at photo's from when i picked the car up and it's there :shrug::shrug:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
You sure it wasn't caused by high heals....nudge nudge wink wink:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nah that's the scrapes on the back of the seats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Isn't that just your normal driving?!

Lolololol, glad to see the car is back, and brakes are on/working, now the real test is for PCC (Post customer care), lets see if they DO infact message you when the new discs are in (I think they will they've been good). And hopefully you're back to good :D! :hail:

They are very communicative they also said Ford are processing my underseal claim. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They are very communicative they also said Ford are processing my underseal claim. :)
Yeah ford processed my underseal claim, warranty then tell you to fuck off unless ford changed their tune on it. :lol::lol:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I thought that was just rumours about Manders wearing high heels? :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I thought that was just rumours about Manders wearing high heels? :D
Leave that for the missus, heels give me blisters :lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Dropped the car in yesterday lunchtime to have the LH console panel replaced and got a bit of a shock when the guy on the service desk uttered the comment "right... so we're replacing the dashboard" :eek: .

My panic switch flipped on and I asked him to repeat himself, thinking I must have mis-heard... I mean it's only a trim panel :shrug: !

Unfortunately he uttered the same words again, but added "don't worry... your car's in the best place for this to get sorted"... which did nothing to make me feel any more at ease with the notion of my less than 3 month old car being gutted by someone that's never done anything more than a PDI on a Mustang :faint: .

It's been bugging me for the last 36 hours... chronically... so I enlisted the help of the US side of the forum ( :usa: ), thinking someone may be able to shed light on whether this extent of work really is necessary (thinking about how Ford have made such a task of replacing the standard starter button with the GT350 version), and one very helpful soul provided me with this:

7055506060.jpeg

So, it looks like the interior of my cherished automobile is being near stripped bare to repair this ridiculously small bit of damage :eek:.

Just wish I'd found out this information before (lesson learned) as I would have just put up with it :doh: .

For reasons unknown I just can't imagine getting it back 'exactly' how I would expect it with everything working as it should... perhaps I'm being unfair and I should 'Trust Ford'... :eye bulge:

Edit: Explains why they wanted the car for 3 days... F&$k knows how much this is costing Ford Warranty.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] in short, they need to remove the aluminium pieces, and then the bits above it... bit of a pig to so, but do-able.

god i'd be worried sending mine in with it being carbon and getting them back chipped :(

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Trouble is the bits above it are attached to the bits below meaning the entire dash assembly and all its attachments, which include everything from the SYNC to the instrument binnacle/various controls, have to be removed and swapped to the new dashboard.

I don't even want to think about the fact they've got to remove the steering column and seats for access to get the old one out and new one in!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Burns Garages Congleton rang me today, my new rear disc are their for collection and a few hours later Ford UK also rang confirming this.

Good service! :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Burns Garages Congleton rang me today, my new rear disc are their for collection and a few hours later Ford UK also rang confirming this.

Good service! :)
Top notch that. fair play to them - repeat gibbo servicing then! (As for the MY18 assume that'll go through them if they can?)
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] god damnit... I don't really want to trust my guys with doing that :/ But it's the one big of my car that fks me off in the interior. :lol:
Sponsored