Speed cameras

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I use my Nexus 5X phone running Google Maps for navigation and Tom Tom Speed Cameras for fixed and mobile speed camera alerts and Nexus 5 running Waze with external Bluetooth speaker.

The Tom Tom Speed Cameras app runs on top of Google Maps.
I downloaded Waze, but could not see anything special about it, that google or Sync 3 don't give me?
also downloaded for free MAPS.ME this works offline and you can download any map for anywhere in the world, in small bits or large bits.
will be using this overseas, for walking and the Sync 3 for driving
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Waze is the only thing I use. Have barely touched the built in sat nav. I have the same proclip mount so it's right in your face. Perfect set up
interesting
I ended up uninstalling it
So what does it give you over google maps and the Mustang Nav?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's crowd sourced, if you see an accident you report it. See a scammera you report it. Has saved my licence on many of occasions in my van. Will divert you round any traffic.
And a lot easier to use imo than google maps
Wayze, peer to peer traffic, i swore by it in my Corsa, since the 'stang i've unfortunatley sworn by the SYnc nav system.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(for those that know it took me down A road that led to my pot hole incident)

Sponsored

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
I use Waze for the warnings but I wish that they were more prominent. Also I find the Waze map really difficult to zoom for navigation and north ends up anywhere so very confusing.

For Android phone users I cannot praise enough the *FREE* Tom Tom Speed Cameras. It uses the same online real time database as the Tom Tom satnav maps and it overlays anything else on screen so you can still use Google Maps.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I use Waze for the warnings but I wish that they were more prominent. Also I find the Waze map really difficult to zoom for navigation and north ends up anywhere so very confusing.

For Android phone users I cannot praise enough the *FREE* Tom Tom Speed Cameras. It uses the same online real time database as the Tom Tom satnav maps and it overlays anything else on screen so you can still use Google Maps.
yep agree 100%
just a shame the TT speed cameras, don't work on Android Auto, so the TT is not on Apple?

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Am I being thick? I can't find the option to enable the built in sat nav to earn me about speed cameras in my Sync 3 sat nav?
Couldn't see hazards or anything similar in any of the POI menus - can someone tell me what I'm not seeing??

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I just don't speed. Can't afford a speeding ticket at my age and I'm insured on 3 cars!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I just don't speed. Can't afford a speeding ticket at my age and I'm insured on 3 cars!
Try being 22.... I get hit with a speeding ticket i'm dead. :lol:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Sync 2 just shouts a random 'Warning'

My little Mazda does the whole hog,'Warning, speed camera' as you're approaching, then it will tell you to reduce speed, if your as much as 1mph over the speed camera/road limit, it's a pretty cool feature actually.

Was especially good on the M40/A40 heading in and out of London and the A/M4 around Chiswick and surrounding areas where there seems to be a gazillion speed/average speed cameras.

I'm a bit worried about next week when we're back in London with the 'Stang :lol:

I'll get the Mrs to download Waze on her iphone7 (I'm still using a 4, but it has been to war :lol:)