2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 87 - StangMods - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > Technical Subforums > I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning

I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning Discussions of the inline-4 cylinder 2.3L turbo EcoBoost engine and engine/exhaust/bolt-on modifications.

User Tag List

Old 02-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #61
ForYourOwnGood

Drives: 2016 Ecoboost
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berstuck View Post
non pp car?
Yeah its a premium non-PP. No dealers near me had a PP when I bought mine so I went for the loaded one.

Like I said, I love the sound of the exhaust just that one situation that happens to be 95% of my driving is not so good haha. When you're on the gas it sounds great, I got a lot of compliments on it. I think I'm going to try either a resonator or a muffler in the center to tone it down a little, was just wondering if anyone else had done it with this exhaust.
ForYourOwnGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #62
Berstuck

Name: Brien
Drives: 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourOwnGood View Post
Yeah its a premium non-PP. No dealers near me had a PP when I bought mine so I went for the loaded one.

Like I said, I love the sound of the exhaust just that one situation that happens to be 95% of my driving is not so good haha. When you're on the gas it sounds great, I got a lot of compliments on it. I think I'm going to try either a resonator or a muffler in the center to tone it down a little, was just wondering if anyone else had done it with this exhaust.
I was curious about your transmission comments, not the exhaust. 6th gear is just fine for highway cruising with PP rear diff. It's still really tall, but I just downshift to pass. I don't get vibration and drive line noise unless I cruise through town at 45 in 6th. And then only if I'm too lazy to downshift when accelerating.
Berstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #63
ForYourOwnGood

Drives: 2016 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berstuck View Post
I was curious about your transmission comments, not the exhaust. 6th gear is just fine for highway cruising with PP rear diff. It's still really tall, but I just downshift to pass. I don't get vibration and drive line noise unless I cruise through town at 45 in 6th. And then only if I'm too lazy to downshift when accelerating.
I think the non-PP cars are 3.31 rear IIRC, and its too tall for this car. Hell, I'd say it was too tall for a PD blower V8. Acceleration in 6th at normal highway speed is close to nothing, and forget about going 65 in 6th gear. I don't hit 6th until 70 and even that seems to lug the motor a lot. I don't cross 2000RPM until 80.
ForYourOwnGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #64
metalhead79

Drives: Three pedal orange turbo Mustang
3.31 is the gear ratio for non-PP manuals. I also stay in 5th until about 70mph. The car is lethargic under 2k RPM in 5th/6th. I try to cruise between 2200-2500rpm in any given gear. I tend to shift at 3k rpm for each gear so that I don't fall below 2k rpm. With such a tall rear end gear, being under 2k rpm in any gear but 1st sucks. 3.73s should be standard for manuals. I'm also terrified of lugging the engine and making it go boom.
metalhead79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:23 PM   #65
Berstuck

Name: Brien
Drives: 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead79 View Post
3.31 is the gear ratio for non-PP manuals. I also stay in 5th until about 70mph. The car is lethargic under 2k RPM in 5th/6th. I try to cruise between 2200-2500rpm in any given gear. I tend to shift at 3k rpm for each gear so that I don't fall below 2k rpm. With such a tall rear end gear, being under 2k rpm in any gear but 1st sucks. 3.73s should be standard for manuals. I'm also terrified of lugging the engine and making it go boom.
1st, and 2nd are so short I don't know if 3.73 rear end would be good for a daily driver. Maybe though, I'm happy with the 3.55 gears. I didn't realize how bad people with the base 3.31 had it though. I checked my tach today with the cruise set to 70 and it was about 2200 rpm. I still downshift to pass though, and it was the same way in my last sports car, a 1997 trams am ws6. Super tall 6th gear, basically for gas mileage only.
Berstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #66
Palmtrees&2.3s

Name: Duston
Drives: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourOwnGood View Post

I think you need to readjust your exhaust. Mine would rest somewhere on the body making it ratte and resonate.
MBRP Race Black Exhaust
CP-E Intercooler
GT Grilles with lower delete
ESR wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires
Palmtrees&2.3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #67
makissig

Name: Makis
Drives: Euro 2017 Mustang EcoBoost, AT, Race Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmtrees&2.3s View Post
I think you need to readjust your exhaust. Mine would rest somewhere on the body making it ratte and resonate.
That's what I thought too.
European Edition
MBRP Race black catback exhausts
makissig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust , mbrp , race , review