Sponsored

¡ATTENTION! 2015-2016 GT vs. 2017 GT OE Intake Tube differences???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
I'm making this post to make the community aware of something that we just came across and it seems as though manufacturers aren't even aware of this yet. I'm also hoping that some 2017 GT owners can re-confirm this for everyone.

Apparently Ford has decided to stop picking up vacuum from the intake tube for the CMCV's. We have just heard from a customer that purchased a Cold Air Intake from us that the only lines that were running to his 2017 Performance Pack GT Intake tube were the small vacuum line on the outside of the bend, the PCV line and the sound tube port. He confirmed this in several photos as well.

We currently do not have a 2017 here to check for ourselves and neither does our local dealer at the moment. So if there is any 2017 GT owners out there that reads this, could you please take a photo of your intake tube and post below what options your GT is. (Performance Pack, Auto, Manual, etc...)

We are trying to confirm this and rule out any variables before we start changing product listings and contact all of the vendors out there.

The easy fix is to simply plug that fitting on the new cold air intake. But some manufacturers may choose to do a redesign.

And just out of curiosity, if anyone can inform me as to where Ford is now picking up vacuum for the CMCV's, that would be cool, but not necessary.

Attached is an image of what was sent to us of a 2017 Performance Pack GT OE Intake Tube. You can see immediately the missing port,
2017 intake.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0