High Pitched Whistle With Paxton

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Does anyone have a solution high pitched whistle the paxton makes at part throttle cruise? I just installed the kit and I hope that is not normal. It only does it at very light throttle. I have the vortech maxflow BOV.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The noise goes away at idle and it goes away with more throttle. It just seems to be there at about 1500 RPM. It kind of sounded like it was coming from the supercharger or pulleys but seems odd it goes away with more RPM. I really hope I don't have to pull that head unit off again.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I was hoping that it is normal but it is annoying. Can you adjust the BOV ande make it go away? Can i unplug the vacuum line from the BOV and rev it to 1500 to ensure that is the problem?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I was hoping that it is normal but it is annoying. Can you adjust the BOV ande make it go away? Can i unplug the vacuum line from the BOV and rev it to 1500 to ensure that is the problem?
No!!!!!,if u unplug the blowoff valve it will build boos NO!!!!.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Does anyone have a solution high pitched whistle the paxton makes at part throttle cruise? I just installed the kit and I hope that is not normal. It only does it at very light throttle. I have the vortech maxflow BOV.
It is for sure the BOV. If you don't like it I would sell it and go with a quiter valve. Either way, centri's need to bleed Boost so you will have a constant sound of air leaving the system

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I don't mind the rushing air noise but the super high pitched noise at like 1500 RPM is right at my cruise range and it is annoying.

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I like to drive next to people and watch them either speed up or slow down so they no longer have to listen to the BOV! :) The standard BOV with Paxton is filtered and would probably be significantly quieter.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
No!!!!!,if u unplug the blowoff valve it will build boos NO!!!!.
I don't think it will be enought to matter at 1500 RPM. But I will not try that. I need you to crawl under the car and vaildate that the noise is coming from there. I just ordered a JLT to help prepare for that slow red car and the fast blue one LOL.

Sponsored

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro
Back when I had a Vortech on my G35 I had the same issue. I added a filter to the BOV and that quieted things down, but a small whistle was still present. I then put a small bristled bottle brush head inside the filter and the whistle went away completely... YMMV

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I don't think it will be enought to matter at 1500 RPM. But I will not try that. I need you to crawl under the car and vaildate that the noise is coming from there. I just ordered a JLT to help prepare for that slow red car and the fast blue one LOL.
Yea ok lol,my car is loud so u will hear it when i pass that ass!!!

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My BOV has a filter on it.
My bad. Misunderstood which one you have. You'd really hate the race version of the maxflow then. It's incredibly loud pretty much the entire time you're in vacuum.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Yea ok lol,my car is loud so u will hear it when i pass that ass!!!
I got my tune revision. I get to go WOT to 5000k. If you don't come around me on the line you will stay in the back LOL.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I got my tune revision. I get to go WOT to 5000k. If you don't come around me on the line you will stay in the back LOL.
Nice thw t was quick,tuning should be done this week.
Sponsored