Sponsored

So I think I will need to replace the motor | Currently at the Dealer

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
You say that but yet there are forum members with 20k miles on their cars.
Which is great and I'll feel a lot better when more hit 20K plus.
Sponsored

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
This is exactly why I went with a NEW factory warrantied car after shelling out so much $$ on out of warrantied Porsche/Radicals! Sucks to have these issues, but your just inconvenienced and not out of pocket $$$$.

Good luck and keep us posted.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm sorry to hear about your engine troubles. It's starting to look like the Voodoo motor, as awesome as it is, might be a ticking time bomb. Given this forum is just a subset of GT350 owners it seems like way too many engine failures.
Hmm it may be. But I think people who have issue will tend to find a forum and report it if only to see if any one else had the issue. So id think the failures would be reported at a unusually high rate if that makes sense.

Id be curious how many that is to date. My Gut says we are still under 20? We should start a list.

Random thoughts a fair amount of failures seem to be from lack of oil. Where the oil is going seems to be a mystery.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Let's see... there are over 10k produced, correct?

1% of 10k = 100

I think we're still below the 1% realm for engine failures. Besides, we don't know the details/factors that led to the failures; i.e.:
1) improperly tightened oil filter,
2) oil line compromise prior to recall,
3) production anomaly,
4) subcomponent failure,
5) operator error.

It's Been presumed that these cars can like oil... so why not stay up to date on oil levels by simply checking the dipstick every week or two?... may solve a helluva lotta headache.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

1% of 10k = 100

I think we're still below the 1% realm for engine failures. Besides, we don't know the details/factors that led to the failures; i.e.:
3) production anomaly,
4) subcomponent failure,
5) operator error.

It's Been presumed that these cars can like oil... so why not stay up to date on oil levels by simply checking the dipstick every week or two?... may solve a helluva lotta headache.
I would say if a car is down 6 qts in a 10 qt system, that would cause a lot of problems.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

1% of 10k = 100

3) production anomaly,
4) subcomponent failure,
5) operator error.

I check mine after every full day of driving, every tank of gas, pretty much all the time. It is a peace of mind knowing the level is good. And! I am anal.

I am almost positive we are still below the 1%. But you know how it goes and for some the sky is always falling. Shit! I was on my way to a third engine replacement and bought another. LOL. What are the chances of another failure? SCREW IT!!!! YOLO!! hahahahaha

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
you guys really think that many people are on forums to report them though? i think owners of these cars tend to be slightly older and hate the internet(like my dad lol). not all, but more than ya think

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I check mine after every full day of driving, every tank of gas, pretty much all the time. It is a peace of mind knowing the level is good. And! I am anal.

I am almost positive we are still below the 1%. But you know how it goes and for some the sky is always falling. Shit! I was on my way to a third engine replacement and bought another. LOL. What are the chances of another failure? SCREW IT!!!! YOLO!! hahahahaha
Dude, your car is track proven, Lol!!!:headbang:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
you guys really think that many people are on forums to report them though? i think owners of these cars tend to be slightly older and hate the internet(like my dad lol). not all, but more than ya think
Have you seen the poll of age of owners of the 350's? You should take a look at it.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Dude, your car is track proven, Lol!!!:headbang:
Funny you said that! That was part of my though process when I made the decision to buy this car. John (seller) was very open and clear of the intentions of the car, where it had been and what it had done. He even gave me the link to his you tube channel. Shoot! Billy Johnson's signature is on the car for Christs sake!
43583772015.455956172.IM1.04.1000x750_A.1000x750.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
With all this Voodoo oil comsumption paranoia, i stayed up last night and re-routed the oil dipstick tube through the firewall into the cabin so i can check the oil from inside the car without having to open the hood all the time. ;)

Last edited:

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Stayed up last night, i re-routed the oil dipstick tube through the firewall so i can check the oil from inside the car without having to open the hood all the time. ;)
I know you're joking, but on my 2002 Porsche and my 2011 BMW, I can check the oil level via the dash displays, and I do, pretty much every other time I drive those two cars. I check the oil level on my GT350 at least every couple hundred miles. Don't cost nuthin'...
Sponsored