Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
just sit there and think of what new wheels to put on her when she gets back as a gift for her

lol
Already know the exact wheels, but were planning on building her for SEMA full build and our goal is to beat the record and push to 1600 WHP

Is it just me or what mechanic in their right mind would tell you to "limp" the car over in that condition? Smh

Hope all goes well... I'd probably have a different shop do the engine work after that recommendation though.
I know well they said it I did it (not smart but a point to show them the car is not running right). I service my own cars at my shop as we do builds and such so we have the ability but being that the car is under warranty im letting the dealership handle this mess.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
sorry to hear man, know you love your cars. hopefully you're fixed up soon and building a monsta:cheers:

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry to hear of this happening to you. Question as to why this is happening at all. Anyone hearing anything back after one of these failures as to why? Is there an internal component that is failing? Or is this engine just extremely susceptible to damage if the oil level just gets a little over one or two quarts down leading to then catastrophic failure? Seems like most reported failures are not due to leaking of oil.

You mentioned last oil change 4k miles ago and you checked oil level one month ago. Any idea how many miles it was at one month ago and where on the dipstick your level was then? I'm going to be safe rather than sorry as others have mentioned and keep a close eye on the oil level every 250 to 500 miles once it gets to halfway between the upper and lower levels on the dipstick and put in a quart right when it gets near the lower level until we know for sure why this is happening.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sucks! New motor for sure. What the hell? How many motors are we up to on this forum now?
That's just this forum, which are a very informative group, just think what it's like in the big all around picture. I wonder why they even attempted 1 more year

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Hey Paul,

This is one of the toughest threads I've read since discovering this community a few months ago. Sorry to hear that you are going thru this--especially given how helpful I've seen you be to the members here at times. I definitely appreciate you sharing even though I imagine it's quite painful. Hoping the best for you and your ride man...hang in there!

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Sucks! New motor for sure. What the hell? How many motors are we up to on this forum now?
That is terrible about all the bad motors. That sucks.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm sorry to hear Paul.:(

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm sorry to hear about your engine troubles. It's starting to look like the Voodoo motor, as awesome as it is, might be a ticking time bomb. Given this forum is just a subset of GT350 owners it seems like way too many engine failures.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I'm sorry to hear about your engine troubles. It's starting to look like the Voodoo motor, as awesome as it is, might be a ticking time bomb. Given this forum is just a subset of GT350 owners it seems like way too many engine failures.
You say that but yet there are forum members with 20k miles on their cars.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN, Paul, This sucks and I can empathize. You will most certainly have your engine replaced and that's not a guess that is a fact. If you recall I just got rid of my track pack because it was going to need a third engine. my first engine also had metal in the filter. Rest assured you will have new motor. Again, I truly empathize and hope time goes by fast and you get your car back soon.
Sponsored