Sponsored

How many have garage queens?

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I have a '17 that I've had for about 6 months. 1350 km on the odometer. I don't envision more than 5K km per year at tops. She stays garaged and I don't need to drive in winter weather.
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
have a 2015 GT bought nov 14
around 3,600 mi.
have a 2012 Boss 302 bought feb 12
around 4,000 mi.

never had either one in snow. boss neither rain or snow.

have 18mo old and other things just cut in to driving time.
i coach tennis and the ball machine we use does not fit in the mustang. plus all the other stuff i carry for tennis it will not fit. that is what the escape is for.

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I have a 16 GT PP with 1856 miles on it and have owned it for a year. This is largely because I work from home 100%

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
have a 2015 GT bought nov 14
around 3,600 mi.
have a 2012 Boss 302 bought feb 12
around 4,000 mi.

never had either one in snow. boss neither rain or snow.

have 18mo old and other things just cut in to driving time.
i coach tennis and the ball machine we use does not fit in the mustang. plus all the other stuff i carry for tennis it will not fit. that is what the escape is for.
Have a pic of both the Boss and '15 together? :cheers:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My GT350 seems to have become a garage queen. It's been sitting on jack stands in my shop at 15,000 miles for the last month and a half while I swap to the track pack transmission and get a diff cooler installed.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This is one thing I've never fully understood. I mean, I don't care what people do with their cars, it's not my money, but for the most part on this site we are talking about GTs. Nothing special. Just drive it. It's not going to be some special unicorn ultra rare color/options combo in 40 years. And if it turns out to be, who cares? These aren't investments. It's not going to hold its value better because it "hasn't seen rain". I guess I just don't understand how someone can enjoy it when it's just sitting.
Some of us just like to have a pristine toy to show off and enjoy, nothing more.

That's more or less the case with mine, currently just under 4,000 miles. All my previous Mustangs were bought used, and some of the earlier ones shared DD duties with all that entails - and Minnesota isn't well suited for DDing Mustangs. I always wanted to buy one new and keep it perfect indefinitely and just use it for sunny day driving, and that's the case with my '15. Not to say it gets driven like Grandma, mine gets flogged when it comes out to play. Plus my old car and the motorcycles need love too, which vie for time between winters. Hence, garage queen.

Very few, if any, late model cars will be worth much down the road, IMO. I don't care anyway, I'll probably be dead by the time they would be.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
:headbonk: In a way mine is one. I drive to work and park in a garage, come home and car back in my case garage. I say 22mins each way only time it's outside. :headbonk:
Mine is the same. Except the commute time. Average about 45 minutes. It definitely spends more time in a garage than outside.

I have put 5,000 miles in the first three months I owned it though.

Last edited:

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You guys are nuts lol..........these cars are meant to be driven hard like the prom queen on prom night, not sitting around looking pretty. C'mon, get them out of the garage and drive it like you stole it.

Had mine since 2015 and put 43,000 miles on it and it still looks as good and drives as great.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I bought my 2015 at 2400 miles last fall. It only got about 600 miles before the snow ended that and it was stored for the winter.

Since the weather broke and the procharger went on I am averaging 400 Miles a week or so. Still stays inside during the rain, but that is more for protecting myself than protecting my investment.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
:headbonk:In a way mine is one. I drive to work and park in a garage, come home and car back in my case garage. I say 22mins each way only time it's outside. :headbonk:
Funny, that is exactly what I do. Right down to the time!

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
There is an older post addressing the same topic.
It includes multiple comments from members that don't understand, comprehend or appreciate the "garage queen" concept or thought process.

I'm not "saving" the cars because I think they are special or will achieve some kind of collectible status or value.
I do not need to defend how I enjoy my cars
And thoroughly enjoy them in my own way...that is the special part for me.

For me, nothing is better than getting out on the road just before sunrise while it's still cool and traffic is minimal.
This "enjoyment" experience is all mine and very satisfying...this is all I want and require from these cars.

These drives are my "yoga"

The money comments/references always come up.
I can afford it.

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
9 months ownership, 2,100 miles. Recreational (retired old guy) and spirited canyon carving driving only, never seen so much as a drop of rain.
You'll not find any scratches, dings or even swirl marks in the paint on my baby!! When I'm out and about, I never park it out of my sight.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
This is one thing I've never fully understood. I mean, I don't care what people do with their cars, it's not my money, but for the most part on this site we are talking about GTs. Nothing special. Just drive it. It's not going to be some special unicorn ultra rare color/options combo in 40 years. And if it turns out to be, who cares? These aren't investments. It's not going to hold its value better because it "hasn't seen rain". I guess I just don't understand how someone can enjoy it when it's just sitting.
Fundamentally, you are absolutely right and I agree. However, you need to take into account that for many people, a run-of-the-mill Mustang can be a very expensive and a once in a lifetime purchase. Akin to maybe you buying a Ferrari? Some people have dreamt of having a Mustang since they were a kid and can only now afford it in retirement. Let them obsess over the fulfillment of a dream. :cheers:

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
My GT350 is 6 months old and at about 3200 miles. It's too high-strung to be a good daily driver. It's not what you'd call a relaxing car. It's invigorating, but that isn't really applicable to my daily commute. I find that I pick it when I want to >drive< somewhere. When I just want to get somewhere, I drive my pickup. Today is another sloppy rainy day. Taking the GT350 would just be work.
Sponsored