Sponsored

Are we getting a GT500 or Not

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Bragging rights is very much everything! That's a very major thing that fuels innovation and competition, without it we wouldn't have performance cars and other great advancements. But some people like being content with average I suppose. I'm excited to see what ford brings to the table, it could cause me to buy my first Mustang. I'm very intrigued about all this V8 SC and V8 TT talk.
Excellent post.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Bragging rights is very much everything! That's a very major thing that fuels innovation and competition, without it we wouldn't have performance cars and other great advancements. But some people like being content with average I suppose. I'm excited to see what ford brings to the table, it could cause me to buy my first Mustang. I'm very intrigued about all this V8 SC and V8 TT talk.
Right on man! That's exactly the way I look at it...advancement and innovation drive each other. Bragging rights... just like in any sport when you win you have bragging rights. We're all mostly on the ford team here, right?!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
New here but from reading a lot about this topic on here I'm going with no on a GT500. Going with yes on something with high horse power. Mach 1, Cobra, or the like. But the non-GT500 believers have a better argument at this time which supports a no to me. So that's my opinion so if you take that and a dollar you have a dollar. LOL.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
New here but from reading a lot about this topic on here I'm going with no on a GT500. Going with yes on something with high horse power. Mach 1, Cobra, or the like. But the non-GT500 believers have a better argument at this time which supports a no to me. So that's my opinion so if you take that and a dollar you have a dollar. LOL.
Not a $1.02?:shrug:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
hmmmm....

7) Bullitt (2018)
8) Mach 1 (2019 & 2020)
9) Boss 429 (2019 & 2020)
10) Ranger Raptor (2019 redesign)
11) Fusion ST (2020 redesign)
12) Model E ST or Escape ST (2020 redesign)
This means the mach 1 will be the force fed monster this go round huh?
2 more model years for the boss and mach 1 :(

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Why would Ford want to compete with GM trim levels that sell poorly? Heck, the Camaro can hardly outsell the Challenger. All this "Ford has to answer" stuff is just from people who want bragging rights.
Nothing sells great forever without staying in touch with what's out there. I work in Quality Control in a manufacturing environment. If our competitors have a new product they brought out that customers like, we try and match that. No company likes losing customers to their competitors.

Numbers don't lie, eventually they add up and if ford doesn't innovate with the competition, their revenues will decrease. Why go with Ford when there's a new Chevy camaro out there that can outperform ford's product? Many new customers will run this question through their head before spending over 60k on a car. You want a car you can brag about after all if you're spending that much money on it.

Just my 2 cents from the way I see it. I still think competitor's new products will force Ford's hands to bring out the next GT500 or something. We can only speculate when the announcement will be though.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Why would Ford want to compete with GM trim levels that sell poorly? Heck, the Camaro can hardly outsell the Challenger. All this "Ford has to answer" stuff is just from people who want bragging rights.
People like Jamal Hameedi??

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]6at0zN0slok[/MEDIA]"]

Bragging rights is what sells cars. It's what gets people on the dealer lots. It's the reason John Coletti and the gang built a 10.0L Boss mustang in 1994 that ran mid 10's at 135. It's also the reason we got a 662 HP GT500 in 2013. Ford could've just made a 580 HP car to be on par with the ZL1, but instead they chose to annihilate the ZL1's HP figure and to do by upstaging GM during an auto show.

I want Ford to do the same thing again. It's just taking them so long to respond that I just hope that it means the ass kicking will be that much bigger! I hope.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Waiting for Ford most of us just built our own version. Almost 3 years into the model with a refresh already and still nothing.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
if you put 4 and 5 individually on that list, you also need to put #2, both GT350's separately on that list. I think 4 and 5 should be 1 as well.
Thing is, what is the GT4 and the other GT350 race only cars? Do those count as ford performance offerings although they are not for the street?
IMO the statement 12 performance vehicles before 2020 is shady. We could already have 10