Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks. Hopefully they tested the right FRPP shocks. The ones from the Street handling pack are identical to the PP shocks, and the Track handling shocks are reported to be a noticeable upgrade over the PP.
You are correct, i will make sure they also have the dyno curves for Track handling pack as well.

Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
With what spring rates will this work optimally for front and back?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Just got mine in yesterday. I ma pairing them with Stock PP springs and will post pics and results when I install them this weekend. Wanted to install them today but someone borrowed my impact.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine in yesterday. I ma pairing them with Stock PP springs and will post pics and results when I install them this weekend. Wanted to install them today but someone borrowed my impact.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts with the PP springs.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have this question into our tech dept. will let you know as soon as I hear more.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda linear Front 200lbs/in Rear 800lbs/in

Steeda Progressive Front 145/225lbs/in Rear 525lbs/820lbs/in

if you interpolate between the progressive rates you should be just fine.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
just installed mine. and as a note they are 10mm they fit perfectly in the stock mounts.
Thank you for the feedback ... how is the ride quality & how was the overall process?

Best Regards,

TJ

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have the adjustable shocks, but if I set the valving to where Steeda states the non-adjustables are effectively valved on my shocks, my car feels very compliant with Steeda Ultralite Linears. I still set them "stiffer" for mountain runs and, coming soon, track work. I have been in a car with Steeda Ultralites with PP shocks. The front was fine but not particularly refined over sharp concrete road-type bumps and the rear was too bouncy for me to tolerate. It wasn't ricer bouncing down the street bad, but not tolerable. I think the rear PP shocks are just not suited for much more than a .5" or so drop - I mean they didn't really do a good job with the OEM springs! To me these or adjustable units are a no-brainer. If you are just going to be driving on the street, get the non-adjustables and get your streetable spring of choice. Done and done. Frankly if I never knew of adjustable shocks and got these, I'm confident I'd be happy.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
the install of the fixed shocks/struts was gravy. took about an hour for all four corners.
1. make sure to bolt the bottom of the shock first but do not tighten it until you have the top in place.
2. get both wheels on the same axle off the ground at the same time to make it easier so the sway bar is not pushing you around.
3. for the fronts go ahead and remove the caliper from the spindle that makes it much easier to get to the strut to spindle bolts. The caliper sits well on the subframe rail.

It was easy I have not driven it yet but will tonight and will report back.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Ok so I have driven on them about 400 miles the last two days.
1. they are much firmer than the stock PP struts/shocks HOWEVER they are not as harsh on compression. You feel every bump but it is not jarring like the stock ones
2. there is a ton less nose lift under hard throttle it stays much flatter than before.
3. I can get more wheel spin on launches due to the fact you dont get as much weight transfer but that is to be expected.
4. it stays much flatter in corners and recovers quicker.
5. the whole car feels much more predictable

All and all I like the ride. I hear more HVH (for some reason road noise is a bit louder) but it is not bad at all. When I hit bigger bumps it is not jarring but I do feel more bumps they just are not harsh.

I would recommend these for a daily driver or someone that wants a little more performance without making the car almost undrivable on bad roads.
Sponsored