Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You may not have intended your post to suggest that you might be trying to turn a road course car into a dragstrip car, but unfortunately that's the way it reads at first glance.

From a hardcore corner-carver's point of view, so few Mustangs have from the factory had any real strength as road course cars that it goes down hard to hear about one being modified for use not for where its new-found strength lies but in straight line racing - or IOW the same way most "regular GT" Mustang owners with any interest in performance tend to use their cars. It's not much different over on the Camaro side of the street when somebody talks about drag racing a 1LE or a Z/28.

Yes, I am aware that you can drag race just about anything, and at one time or another somebody probably has.

Best explanation I can come up with, no flame intended.

Norm
Drag racing is the oldest form of motor racing. Since the second vehicle. Hell even before vehicles they drag raced horses.
Sponsored

OP
OP

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base (arriving Dec 2015)
You may not have intended your post to suggest that you might be trying to turn a road course car into a dragstrip car, but unfortunately that's the way it reads at first glance.

From a hardcore corner-carver's point of view, so few Mustangs have from the factory had any real strength as road course cars that it goes down hard to hear about one being modified for use not for where its new-found strength lies but in straight line racing - or IOW the same way most "regular GT" Mustang owners with any interest in performance tend to use their cars. It's not much different over on the Camaro side of the street when somebody talks about drag racing a 1LE or a Z/28.

Yes, I am aware that you can drag race just about anything, and at one time or another somebody probably has.

Best explanation I can come up with, no flame intended.

Norm
Thanks norm. None taken.

OP
OP

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a box full of BMR rear suspension parts in. Parts look good. I will update with install pictures once the weather warms up. (todays temp -23C)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

SlowArrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I got a box full of BMR rear suspension parts in. Parts look good. I will update with install pictures once the weather warms up. (todays temp -23C)
I just finished installing all those BMR parts (if you stayed with the list on the previous page) and I think you will be more than happy with the result! I also added the FPP bearings for the knuckle where the toe-in bar attaches. I couldn't be happier with feel of the car now. She hooks up better when accelerating hard, and no wheel hop that I've been able cause yet (yes, I tried).

Good choice!

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks for your support guys!

I've got a long list of GT350 owners using our stuff and loving it! Our popularity in the Shelby community for the S197 Mustang seems to be carrying over into the S550 segment, which makes us really happy!

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

OP
OP

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just finished installing all those BMR parts (if you stayed with the list on the previous page) and I think you will be more than happy with the result! I also added the FPP bearings for the knuckle where the toe-in bar attaches. I couldn't be happier with feel of the car now. She hooks up better when accelerating hard, and no wheel hop that I've been able cause yet (yes, I tried).

Good choice!
That is good to here. I'm in the process of installing them all now. Question SlowArrow;1721104 what did you do to get the forward rear lower control arm bolt out. I had a hell of a time and ended up completely removing the shock to give myself a little extra room. I'm a little worried about getting the bolt back in once the bearing is pressed in. Any tips?

OP
OP

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is good to here. I'm in the process of installing them all now. Question SlowArrow;1721104 what did you do to get the forward rear lower control arm bolt out. I had a hell of a time and ended up completely removing the shock to give myself a little extra room. I'm a little worried about getting the bolt back in once the bearing is pressed in. Any tips?
Turns out getting it back in is way easier than getting it out. Removing the shock completely definitely helps. My local shop sad that pressing out and pressing in the lower control arm barring was abnormally difficult. Glad I got them to do the pressing out and in :)

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I test drove a Fusion Sport. It was okay. Wasn't great wasn't awful. Transmission was awful though. So slow. At about $40K though for a sedan and all, I'd be looking very seriously at a lightly used Charger R/T Scat Pack.
My Charger scat pack has never wheel hopped... though it is a fat pig with a nice motor...

My 350R however... if I wind out 1st and drop into 2nd... she's bouncing
Sponsored