Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
What is your opinion on the amount of the NVH that will be increased by these bushing upgrades? So far everything I have done has not increased NVH but I have also been mindful of that as I consider mods to my suspension. I know your full mods once completed will increase NVH quite a bit but that is not for everybody. Been there done that.

Installed: Steeda vertical links and poly diff lockout bushings for the rear. Steeda 2 point trac brace, rear FTBR sway bar links and Vorshalg camber plates for the front.
I never worry about NVH. Its character to me. If I wanted a smooth quite car I would of bought a luxury car not a GT350. Any noise I get will be music to my ears.
This isn't my first time doing this on any car. My whole point was to elimate any and all rubber bushings.
I'll keep you posted but remember, I also have louder exhaust lol.
Sponsored

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Guys, there is nothing wrong with people wanting to drag race a car.

I have a car specifically designed for drag racing, and I also just picked up a PP GT that I am going to outfit with parts that cater towards better handling, including some GT350 parts on it....and I will still ride down to the drag strip every now and again to make some passes.

Anyhow, I deal with many GT350 customers. What we tend to to find that works the best, for the price and simplicity, is this.

CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
BK055 Control Arm Bearing Upgrade
Ford Racing Toe Knuckle Bearings
TCA045 Bearing/Bearing Vertical Links

These parts are easy to install for the most part, and help the car is EVERY way, and really improve handling characteristics.

If I was going to do one of them only - personally, on a GT350, I would do the BK055.

Happy Modding!
will any of these 4 increase nvh much?

Thanks in advance.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Every mustang I've ever owned, and this is going back to leaf springs, has wheel hopped in stock form when at the drags if the tires spin. The first videos of them dragging these 350's they wheel hopped badly. My Boss did too before its BMR bits.

And a high performance road car should do everything well, including launch off the line without drama, some of you guys need to quit snorting the Grey Poupon.....I'll offend your senses some more, it should have come with more gear, too.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Every mustang I've ever owned, and this is going back to leaf springs, has wheel hopped in stock form when at the drags if the tires spin. The first videos of them dragging these 350's they wheel hopped badly. My Boss did too before its BMR bits.

And a high performance road car should do everything well, including launch off the line without drama, some of you guys need to quit snorting the Grey Poupon.....I'll offend your senses some more, it should have come with more gear, too.
Yeah. Since I completely removed all my front and rear suspension I was going to install the 4.09 gears. Guess what. Ford performance discontinued them already!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I would venture a guess that 95% of 350 buyers could care less about drag capabilities. If I wanted a drag car I would have bought a 5.0 and put a whipple on it.
I didn't see it as pointless when the 350 was touted as a track car.
If I wanted a drag car, I would've done one of these two things.

1. Kept my DCT M4, tuned it and put stickier wider tires on it.

2. I f I wanted a Ford Mustang drag car, I would've gotten the cheapest S550 Mustang GT PP I could find, supercharged it, put stickier tires on it and let er rip.

Yes, you can drag race a GT350, but it was not designed with that in mind so people are disappointed when they try to do it and you get threads like these.

Edit: or said fuck it and bought a Hellcat Charger/Challenger. So I guess one of four things.
Neither of you seem to realize that 95% of 350 owners will probably never track their cars. I don't think anyone is coming in here and saying "oh im disappointed with my 350 not being a great drag car." Read what people are posting, and respond accordingly.

I don't care whether I'm at a drag strip or just trying to start off quickly from a stop on an empty road, wheel hop is not desired. Anyone who attempts to correlate wheel hop directly with "its not a drag car, take it to the road course" is foolish. I don't like having the rear end hopping all over the place just because I want to launch the car, wherever that may be.

You don't have to be completely one sided either.... Crazy concept I know, but guess what, you don't have to have a car that can have be driven on track, or only driven on the strip!

I credit BMR Tech and Voodoo for actually providing some insight and helpful suggestions in regards to a solution to this issue. Rather than all of the naysayers who just come in to say that the OP is using their own car in an incorrect manner lol

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

I kind of agree regarding the gearing, but with shorter gearing, I believe they would have needed a 7 speed. Highway speeds are already at 1800+ rpms in 6th, and I don't think anyone would like the car to be humming along at 2500-3000 rpms :D

They could have possibly given us the 7 speed Tremec that the Corvette uses, but its actually a beefier, slightly heavier transmission, which goes against the whole "lightness" goal of the car.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Neither of you seem to realize that 95% of 350 owners will probably never track their cars. I don't think anyone is coming in here and saying "oh im disappointed with my 350 not being a great drag car." Read what people are posting, and respond accordingly.

I don't care whether I'm at a drag strip or just trying to start off quickly from a stop on an empty road, wheel hop is not desired. Anyone who attempts to correlate wheel hop directly with "its not a drag car, take it to the road course" is foolish. I don't like having the rear end hopping all over the place just because I want to launch the car, wherever that may be.

You don't have to be completely one sided either.... Crazy concept I know, but guess what, you don't have to have a car that can have be driven on track, or only driven on the strip!

I credit BMR Tech and Voodoo for actually providing some insight and helpful suggestions in regards to a solution to this issue. Rather than all of the naysayers who just come in to say that the OP is using their own car in an incorrect manner lol
Geez, settle down. Where did I say nobody should drag their GT350? I just said they would be disappointed. You can drag race a Prius, but guess what....you will be disappointed. Even performance cars are designed with a certain strength in mind and if you go against that philosophy, people find out they aren't great at whatever and are dissapointed.

I guess I'm lucky as I haven't experienced wheel hop. I get away cleanly from the line and if I use too much throttle the back end comes out in a predictable manner. There are a lot of reasons that could be affecting the OP. I've never even close had the rear end hopping all over the place and I've done some very aggressive launches.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

I get that people say this is a handling car. I get it was designed for handling and not drag raced, but. ANY CAR GUY THAT SAYS THEY NEVER RAISED THE RPM AND DROPPED THE CLUTCH OR POWER SHIFTED A SPORTS CAR IS A LIAR. If today's consumers weren't so weak and soft ford could of easily eliminate the main cause of the wheel hop issue. The rear lower control arm has a giant rubber bushing to help keep the NVH down. People today are so weak and demand quiet soft rides in sport/muscle cars it makes me sick. If you want a performance car that performs you have to give up something. Example, the voodoo is a high reving flat plane V8. What's it do? It vibrates. That's the nature of the beast. Ford did a great job at eliminating most of the vibrations! And that goes along with the suspension, their are 6 rubber bushings in just one side of the rear suspension! That does not include the IRS cradle, the differential or the sway bar bushings.
How can you expect nothing to move when it's mounted in rubber? It's not only going to wheel hop, but the alignment will also move. I give ford credit for what they gave us, but their is always room for improvement. I own and drive a muscle / sports car. I love the noise it makes. From the exhaust, the engine, the trans, suspension etc. it's called character! It's what being a "car guy" is about. Maybe I'm old school, but I could only imagine what some would think if they heard what my Jericho transmission sounds like inside the car, most of the people would go nuts, but nothing sounds better than a high winding, naturally aspirated small block with solid roller cam, straight cut gears with dog ring and sliders! It's like hearing a beautiful woman orgasm.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Most factory cars have wheel hop I feel like people expect to much from the car.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Geez, settle down. Where did I say nobody should drag their GT350? I just said they would be disappointed. You can drag race a Prius, but guess what....you will be disappointed. Even performance cars are designed with a certain strength in mind and if you go against that philosophy, people find out they aren't great at whatever and are dissapointed.

I guess I'm lucky as I haven't experienced wheel hop. I get away cleanly from the line and if I use too much throttle the back end comes out in a predictable manner. There are a lot of reasons that could be affecting the OP. I've never even close had the rear end hopping all over the place and I've done some very aggressive launches.
While your statements were quoted, not everything was directed towards you. There are just a lot of people on here who tend to tell people exactly how owners are wrongfully driving their cars, which can grow tiresome quickly, and I did not mean to come across as agitated towards you in particular by any means.

Absolutely agree that cars are designed with specific aspects of performance in mind. However, I would suggest that rather than suggesting you would keep your M4 or buy a GTPP for example or saying any of us wishing to drag race a 350, explain how it is you are launching the car to avoid wheel hop? Genuinely interested, as I'm sure there are many out there who are experiencing wheel hop, and if you could provide some insight in regards to the technique you use to launch the car it would be greatly appreciated :)

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
When it comes to your car, do what you want and F*ck what other people think/say, your money, your car, your decision. Just don't be surprised when you post online and everyone else has an opinion and can't wait to tell you why you are wrong.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
While your statements were quoted, not everything was directed towards you. There are just a lot of people on here who tend to tell people exactly how owners are wrongfully driving their cars, which can grow tiresome quickly, and I did not mean to come across as agitated towards you in particular by any means.

Absolutely agree that cars are designed with specific aspects of performance in mind. However, I would suggest that rather than suggesting you would keep your M4 or buy a GTPP for example or saying any of us wishing to drag race a 350, explain how it is you are launching the car to avoid wheel hop? Genuinely interested, as I'm sure there are many out there who are experiencing wheel hop, and if you could provide some insight in regards to the technique you use to launch the car it would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks for the response. I don't do anything special. I just pay attention to the surface I'm on and make sure the tires have some miles/heat in them. Then slip the clutch a bit more as I'm feeding power to it. More if I want to purposely get the rear end out and less if I just want a nice quick launch.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Thanks for the response. I don't do anything special. I just pay attention to the surface I'm on and make sure the tires have some miles/heat in them. Then slip the clutch a bit more as I'm feeding power to it. More if I want to purposely get the rear end out and less if I just want a nice quick launch.
So you're not dumping the clutch at all then eh? When you slip the clutch, is it just a momentary action, or are you prolonging it until you get the car to a speed where it is in its powerband to go full throttle (3500rpms+) ?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
When it comes to your car, do what you want and F*ck what other people think/say, your money, your car, your decision. Just don't be surprised when you post online and everyone else has an opinion and can't wait to tell you why you are wrong.
Very true, I try not to tell people they are flat wrong. I guess I just try and help them with their expectations of the vehicle. I really don't understand people buying this thing as 0-60 or 1/4 mile car though. There are so many other choices out there that are much better suited for that. If that is what is most important to when it comes to your car.

My 2014 xDrive 335 that was equipped with a ZF 8 auto and had the M Performance tune was as fast, if not a bit faster to 0-60 in real world conditions. It was probably a better drag car overall than the GT350. It obviously couldn't hold a candle to the GT350 in the handling or fun department though. Different cars, different strengths, that's all.

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
So you're not dumping the clutch at all then eh? When you slip the clutch, is it just a momentary action, or are you prolonging it until you get the car to a speed where it is in its powerband to go full throttle (3500rpms+) ?
No, I've never dumped the clutch yet. Maybe when I get more comfortable with it I will, but I don't see a reason to do it. I really don't know what RPM I slip it until. I just do it by feel and the desired traction level that I want. I hope that makes sense. It's hard to describe in words and would be much easier just to show you if we could go for a ride. :D

FYI, I'm no expert and don't claim to be one. I'm only relating my experience with the car.
Sponsored