uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
I ahould have put some on my front wheel wells.

Rock chipped to hell on rear fenders and near door hinges. Only 1 year and 4k miles...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've got the ZL1s on the front of my car, no regrets. Almost invisible, look almost factory. :thumbsup:

Ridiculous that Ford or anyone else hasn't stepped up to the plate....

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I have the AM ones. They won't fall off but they were not worth it at $120 that I paid and I sure as hell wouldn't pay $150, what a damn ripoff and I can't believe they've raised the price on them.

OP
OP
Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
So I went and ordered the ZL1 mud flaps front & back. Should have them by the end of the week and I'll install them next weekend. I'll post back with a pic if anybody is curious.

Peace

Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I picked up RPI Designs flaps last year as they were pretty much the only option you could find at the time. I really hated the idea of running flaps on a Mustang, but I try to get my summer tires on in April or May, and they don't do a good job clearing the winter gravel up until about June. My 275 wide Pilot Super Sports were just throwing rocks all down the side of my car. I installed these flaps and added a little more stone guard to the rockers and lower part of the doors, not really noticing any more chips since...

I'd rather have not-that-pretty flaps and extra stone guard than blasted doors and rear fenders...

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bought a set before I got the car, put them in a "safe stop" and just found them on Friday. I guess I need to install them.
Please take some pics and post them when you do. I am interested to see how they jive.

On another note, I think It's kind of comical how dirty the display car is on the ZL1 page. :lol:I trust the multitude of owners that say they work well, but you wouldn't know it from the website :headbonk:

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
[MENTION=20539]timd38[/MENTION], Checking in to see if you got the cal pony flaps on yet?

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I put on mud flaps on both the front and rear. Expensive but look like $5 from Walmart. But at least some protection from stones kicked up from the road.

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
@timd38 , Checking in to see if you got the cal pony flaps on yet?
Sorry, keep forgetting. I bought a car condo and all my stuff is there and my car is at the house. I am traveling allot the next two weeks, so I may not get to it for a while. Sorry.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
After seeing this thread and another on an install of a cheap alternative, I'm starting to wonder if their is a market for a set of quality mudflaps/rockguards that can also act as a stylistic element.

Would anybody be interested?

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
I too have the calpony mudflaps and will install this weekend. Rears look to be a bit involved, says to jack up and remove wheels for room to work. Im gonna work around that. The flaps look tough btw.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
sub'd for a review of the calpony ones.
Sponsored