GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It seems that owner.ford.com makes no distinction between the _16xxx (-LG) and _17xxx (-SA) Builds. My -LG software update was confirmed in December and even though my system has checked in a few times since April the -SA update doesn't show up. It seems that v2.2 is all the same to Ford.
thats right, I had to use a different vin just to get update between builds
Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
i have been going back and forth with Ford Service on twitter DMs about the gracenotes issue; i guess i will try this tonight but i don't think anything is going to change:

I've got some info for you:
There is a possible issue with installing the Grace Notes software. If you can recall, do you remember when you removed the flash drive during the installation? During the installation process, the system will display 2 installation complete messages. If you removed the drive after the first installation message, Grace Notes would not have installed and could possibly stop the metadata from displaying. If you still have the installation on the flash drive, I advise having you perform a master reset of the vehicle, letting the vehicle sit off for 5 minutes (make that the five minutes start when the radio display turns off), starting the vehicle and insert the USB and see if the installation continues.

Master reset:
1. Press the Settings button.
2. Select General.
3. Scroll down and select Master Reset and confirm the master reset on the next screen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
updated first page with waze auto link

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
thanks for the waze beta link, it installed on my S8 as an update to waze with no issues

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
i have been going back and forth with Ford Service on twitter DMs about the gracenotes issue; i guess i will try this tonight but i don't think anything is going to change:

I've got some info for you:
There is a possible issue with installing the Grace Notes software. If you can recall, do you remember when you removed the flash drive during the installation? During the installation process, the system will display 2 installation complete messages. If you removed the drive after the first installation message, Grace Notes would not have installed and could possibly stop the metadata from displaying. If you still have the installation on the flash drive, I advise having you perform a master reset of the vehicle, letting the vehicle sit off for 5 minutes (make that the five minutes start when the radio display turns off), starting the vehicle and insert the USB and see if the installation continues.

Master reset:
1. Press the Settings button.
2. Select General.
3. Scroll down and select Master Reset and confirm the master reset on the next screen.
I tried that once. It didn't seem to work.

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I tried that once. It didn't seem to work.
it sure didnt; she said they were escalating the issue and i should hear back by tuesday

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
it sure didnt; she said they were escalating the issue and i should hear back by tuesday
so if it shadows the update release, should hear from them in a year or so

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
so if it shadows the update release, should hear from them in a year or so
LOL, she has been responsive on DMs; i saw on another site some guys had it resolved when ford replaced their APIM.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
LOL, she has been responsive on DMs; i saw on another site some guys had it resolved when ford replaced their APIM.
That was on the f150 site. Complete overkill if you ask me. I think the software just has to be rolled back to v1.0 There was something about the v2.2 scripts in the tarballs that messed up if they tried to run twice. It's almost like the script deletes a file, but messes up if that file isn't there... and doesn't install a file with the same name. A verbose output of the update would be wonderful.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That was on the f150 site. Complete overkill if you ask me. I think the software just has to be rolled back to v1.0 There was something about the v2.2 scripts in the tarballs that messed up if they tried to run twice. It's almost like the script deletes a file, but messes up if that file isn't there... and doesn't install a file with the same name. A verbose output of the update would be wonderful.
yeah I saw that too
Notes.jpg

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
So I finally tried Android Auto after getting a Pixel phone, and boy am I hugely disappointed. I don't get the point of using it over Sync 3? Maybe I am doing it wrong? I love Google Maps, but beyond that, especially for Music, AA is terrible.

I have about 80GB of music on the phone sync'd down through Google Play Music app, but I can't browse artists, albums, songs, etc from AA? Seems like I am forced to use voice commands (which I hate), and need to speak every individual song I want to play.

That's fine if I have a few songs, but for a large library there is no way I remember every song I have. I just want to pull up the artists and their albums on the screen and browse what I want.

I can't do that? Is there another music app that can see my local MP3s on the phone, and let me browse my library while driving with AA?

Also, I knew going into AA that it locks the phone out while using AA, but man I didn't realize how much a bother that would be, especially sitting in traffic.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Also, I knew going into AA that it locks the phone out while using AA, but man I didn't realize how much a bother that would be, especially sitting in traffic.
Swipe up from bottom to bring up navbar menu, hit "recent apps" then hit "home" and u will be able to get to the home window while AA is still running on phone.
Yes , it locks u to sue voice from the reason it is in most places illegal to use phone in car and dangerous (please do not read this as i am being a bi***, i am simply stating their facts, i dont like that part either :) )

As for local library, unsure as i only stream and rarely download onto phone, but that being said u can still brows if u swipe right on the actual dash.

Voice commands are much superior and i found it saying "ok google" in car and controlling everything is awesome, especially with my smart home.

personally i think AA is the best thing that could happen to my car.
but of course, it's a matter of personal preference :)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So I finally tried Android Auto after getting a Pixel phone, and boy am I hugely disappointed. I don't get the point of using it over Sync 3? Maybe I am doing it wrong? I love Google Maps, but beyond that, especially for Music, AA is terrible.

I have about 80GB of music on the phone sync'd down through Google Play Music app, but I can't browse artists, albums, songs, etc from AA? Seems like I am forced to use voice commands (which I hate), and need to speak every individual song I want to play.

That's fine if I have a few songs, but for a large library there is no way I remember every song I have. I just want to pull up the artists and their albums on the screen and browse what I want.

I can't do that? Is there another music app that can see my local MP3s on the phone, and let me browse my library while driving with AA?

I use AA all the time with my pixel and sync 3 and love it simply for the Google maps integration with traffic. I can't speak for google play music specifically as I use tune-in radio alot but I do know that AA locks most of the UI to voice commands if it detects that the car is moving. Also, if you want to still use your phone while it is connected, click the square then the home button. :thumbsup:

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So finally got my Waze beta working and its awesome people. Basically exactly as you would expect, extremely similar look to Google maps, but with all the waze benefits of speed trap warnings :) I do find being forced to use voice commands for the music is a bit annoying but I am trying to get used to since I know it's technically safer.

The one thing that really keeps holding me back from running AA every single time I drive is that I like to run torque pro to monitor and sometimes log my driving and I have to set it up before I turn on AA if I want it to log.

I really hope torque gets integrated with AA because it would be sweet having all those readouts on the screen like a GTR or something.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So finally got my Waze beta working and its awesome people. Basically exactly as you would expect, extremely similar look to Google maps, but with all the waze benefits of speed trap warnings :) I do find being forced to use voice commands for the music is a bit annoying but I am trying to get used to since I know it's technically safer.

The one thing that really keeps holding me back from running AA every single time I drive is that I like to run torque pro to monitor and sometimes log my driving and I have to set it up before I turn on AA if I want it to log.

I really hope torque gets integrated with AA because it would be sweet having all those readouts on the screen like a GTR or something.
are you in the waze beta testers or using the mirror link I posted?
Sponsored