How many have garage queens?

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
2015 Performance Pack GT 42,000 miles fuck is a garage queen?
Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
True story....

I normally won't take my 2014 to 'soccer mom car speedway', otherwise known as Walmart. But last year on the way to a show I needed to stop there.

I parked in an almost empty lot far, far from the store with no cars near me at all. When I came out I looked off in the distance towards my space and sure as shit there was someone next to me. WTF?!?!

As I got closer I realized that it was a spotless '13 Boss 302 on my left flank. The owner spotted me, and apologized. "Hope you don't mind", he said. "Judging by the way your GT looks, I knew I'd be safe parking here."

The Boss guy essentially protected his car by protecting mine. I thanked him, saying I'd have done the same thing.
Yeah I've had that happen with Mustangs and even a Camero and Challenger or two. Drivers who've dropped some coin on their rides and want to keep them nice... we all gotta watch out for each other.
Amen!

RJ

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
2015 purchased Sept. 2015 with 10,2XX miles. Car typically only comes on on the weekends. Say what you will, but I enjoy the anticipation that grows during the week until I can take her out.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
While my car is a garage queen, I'll leave you with this funny quote I saw / heard somewhere about a Ferrari.

Not driving your Ferrari b/c you're keeping it in good condition for resale, is like not having sex with your wife so she'll be in better condition for her next husband! ;-) LOL

cwpsrp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had my 2015 GT 25 months and just turned 13000 miles. Retired a year ago and now average about 300 miles per month.

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I am coming up on 1 year of ownership. 7000 miles. Had 963 when purchased.
I live in a golf cart community. So, I would say that it gets driven a lot. And kept in garage when not being driven.
IMG_0399.jpg

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Define garage queen - had my '16 GT for just over a year and it just turned over 10K. Stays in the garage in the winter unless it warms up enough and there is no snow/salt on the roads. I WFH so even thought its my Daily Driver it can go days between taking it out.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
special order '16 base GT. Use it on weekends, road trips & doesn't see rain, snow or salt.
Went 8,300 miles last year.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Purchased new Thanksgiving of 2015. Just went over 10,500 miles yesterday. Its my DD, but I don't have to commute very far. About to buy a truck, so it may start seeing even less miles.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was special ordered picked her up May 2015 she now has 2059 miles. :cool:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
My car isn't supposed to be a garage queen, but I live in a very cold climate and my car is parked for half the year. I spend a lot of time away from home for work. Since this driving season has been here, I have been treated for prostate cancer (it's not only an old mans disease) and I have been trying to sell a second home 700kms from my home which involves a lot of time for fixing up so I need my truck. And we moved our daughter out of province.

So my car time has been next to nothing :rant:

But hoping that's soon gonna change:thumbsup:

Forgot to add there are 4800kms on the car since May 2016.

[/url]IMG_0336 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
DD is a tuned 2016 F350 dually. '17 GTPP is a weekend, fair weather toy. I drive it hard when I drive it, but it probably will never see rain.

Last edited:

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Alright - You all can yell at me then.

'16 premium convertible.

-- I leave it outside because there isn't room in the garage

-- If I see bird crap on it (a common occurrence around my house for some crappy reason) I'm quick to wash it off

-- It's never more then 2 weeks without a car wash and a good detailing. Never more then 3 months without a good solid coat of wax. And in the winter, I'll switch to touchless car washes - our major local chain here has $30 / month, unlimited washes - in the winter, I go about twice a week. I've gone on our way out to dinner and it started lightly snowing on our way, haha. I cancel the subscription come spring because I just prefer to do it myself.

-- In the winter (Buffalo, NY) - I will drive it in the snow. I already checked - decent snow tires run about $155 / each. I am concerned with snow piling up on the soft top - the dealer and I both agreed - just keep an eye on it and if it's > 3 feet, make sure to go brush it off asap. Why chance it leaving it on there... I will make a strong effort to clean out the garage in an attempt to fit it in, in the winter but I'm not sure it'll happen :(

-- My leases are usually never more then 10k miles / year - we just don't drive that much and work is always close to home so it won't be a high mileage car, but it is absolutely a daily driver for me.

We have an SUV ('16 Acura RDX premium / navigation - the wife's now) so on weekends / going out to dinner, etc... we will use that instead of the mustang but give me a day > 40 degrees F and low wind and I'll pop the top, jack the heat and go for a drive with snow on the ground.

Someday when I retire and by a Lamborghini (my unicorn), bet your ass I'll drive that in the winter also, haha.
Sponsored