Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Thanks Grimace.

Are we expecting either of these soon after launch, especially in the 2.3?

The term 'Hi-Po' is being used in place for the model above the GT since we don't know with certainty if it is a Shelby or SVT product.

FPC is simply a different internal design for an engine, and in this particular case is only referring to the V8 model. It is not related to the 2.3 EcoBoost. Now that isn't to say Ford isn't secretly building a special Ecoboost model, just that those two terms are referring to a special Mustang model that sits above the GT.

Ferrari and other exotic car builders use Flat Plane Crankshafts for their crazy-high RPM screamer engines. For Ford to develop those for the Mustang means some serious stuff is happening.

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
Thanks Grimace.

Are we expecting either of these soon after launch, especially in the 2.3?
The 2.3 in Mustang technically IS the Hi Po version. At least compared to the MKC's 2.3EB.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The term 'Hi-Po' is being used in place for the model above the GT since we don't know with certainty if it is a Shelby or SVT product.

FPC is simply a different internal design for an engine, and in this particular case is only referring to the V8 model. It is not related to the 2.3 EcoBoost. Now that isn't to say Ford isn't secretly building a special Ecoboost model, just that those two terms are referring to a special Mustang model that sits above the GT.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I thought that the HiPo would be the Shelby, etc.

Yah as for the special EB model, I'm wondering if they are trying to slate that F150 V6 EB into the Mustang and slot it above the EB Premium and under the GT.

I also read something about a 2.7EB v4? Is that true?

NRMStand

Yep. Or even in place of Team Mustang's variants, a la the Boss 302, Mach 1, etc.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'll just jump in and add DI = Direct Injection...
People who don't know how DI works can think of a diesel engine. The fuel is compressed to very high pressures(2,000-3,000psi in some cases) and fired directly into the combustion chamber at the exact moment it is needed and offers the most efficient combustion process available with today's technology.

Downsides are noise(sounds like a diesel at idle), obvious complexity and costs, and the buildup of carbon on the back of the intake valves due to the lack of fuel spraying on them to keep them clean.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
People who don't know how DI works can think of a diesel engine. The fuel is compressed to very high pressures(2,000-3,000psi in some cases) and fired directly into the combustion chamber at the exact moment it is needed and offers the most efficient combustion process available with today's technology.

Downsides are noise(sounds like a diesel at idle), obvious complexity and costs, and the buildup of carbon on the back of the intake valves due to the lack of fuel spraying on them to keep them clean.
On the plus side, it could offer more power and better fuel economy. Coupled with weight loss, I speculate we could eventually have a V8-equipped Mustang with at least as much power, and perhaps a 30mpg highway rating with it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
On the plus side, it could offer more power and better fuel economy. Coupled with weight loss, I speculate we could eventually have a V8-equipped Mustang with at least as much power, and perhaps a 30mpg highway rating with it.

Given proper aero and tall gears I can see it possible even with the current engine.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Am I the only one that noticed there was a short clip of the SVT prototype at 1:00 of the second video? With the words "Silent Testing" on the back. I don't remember seeing that anywhere....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Am I the only one that noticed there was a short clip of the SVT prototype at 1:00 of the second video? With the words "Silent Testing" on the back. I don't remember seeing that anywhere....
Yeah, I caught that, but forgot to mention it. Silent testing? Hmmm :shrug:

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Wasn't the same block for the Terminator used in the Mach 1, and the 5.4L an option in the F150?
The Mach 1s engine block and other components were shared with the Lincoln Aviator and the Mercury Marauder.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
The Mach 1s engine block and other components were shared with the Lincoln Aviator and the Mercury Marauder.
Yes. And the Trinity is a bored-out 5.4 - I'm not sure if they just did a tooling change to achieve that, or if they did all new castings, incorperating more Coyote-like updates as well...

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Stupid thought, but what if this was the return of an inline 6?

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
Yes. And the Trinity is a bored-out 5.4 - I'm not sure if they just did a tooling change to achieve that, or if they did all new castings, incorperating more Coyote-like updates as well...
Don't forget the use of PTWA as well.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
attachment.jpg

The heck is going on with the (missing) rocker panel in this prototype :confused:

So many questions.....:tsk:
Sponsored