Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Turbo noise is really only prevalent in exhaust systems which are very free or under load when they are generating boost.
That engine was quite loud, and under load / acceleration - even with my desktop sound system (loud) there is no discernible evidence of Turbo boost (to me at least)
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I agree, that was directed regarding towards the turbo being heard while the engine was rdving.

5.0mg

Threads
Reaction score
You're all wrong it's a fpc turbo straight 3 with di.... Lawl

Sponsored

Pabo

For all you flat plane theory guys- did you see the boost gauges on the A pillar?

20140730_111747.jpg

20140730_111755.jpg
z.jpg
z2.jpg

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
It doesn't have to be a boost gauge. Especially since we know the EB already has a boost gauge. It could be a wideband o2.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, pretty much all the prototypes (GT350 or not) have had a pillar gauges.

:)

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
For all you flat plane theory guys- did you see the boost gauges on the A pillar?

20140730_111747.jpg

20140730_111755.jpg
So that just goes to prove that all temporary features on the prototypes are going to production. I for one am very happy that the trailer towing package is going to be offered - first time in 50 years!!!! Just need a good set of running boards with the so called boost gauge :)

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Pretty hard to determine what that gauge is. All we can see in the photos is a black blob. I think others are right in pointing out that it's probably testing equipment like we saw on other prototypes.

As for the sound, FPC V8 would be my guess, albeit a non-educated one. Surely if there was some other variant, like a hi-po V6 or 4, somebody would have caught whispers by now. The FPC rumors, on the other hand, have been going on for awhile now and have some history behind them.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
A FPC v8 in a US made car would be cool. Nobody else is offering one correct. Just Italian and Euro made cars right? If so is there a chance we won't get it. I don't know where Ford does their engine r&d but is there a chance they are building it and testing it here knowing it is meant for the European Mustangs? Or does the fact that they are testing it here mean we are getting it. Hypothetically. We don't know what it is yet.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
A FPC v8 in a US made car would be cool. Nobody else is offering one correct. Just Italian and Euro made cars right? If so is there a chance we won't get it. I don't know where Ford does their engine r&d but is there a chance they are building it and testing it here knowing it is meant for the European Mustangs? Or does the fact that they are testing it here mean we are getting it. Hypothetically. We don't know what it is yet.
No

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sorry no to what? No there are not another american made cars with flat plane crankshafts. No ford wouldn't develop and test an engine over here that wouldn't be used over here. Or no that is not a flat plane engine.
Sponsored