BLACK S550 MUSTANG Thread

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Les what you have done to your car is perfect. This look/style is what inspired me to order a black GT. Nothing comes close in color to this black low sitting beast waiting to unleash its dominance on the road. Well thats how it looks anyways! :thumbsup:
Allen - Thanks for the appreciation. I'm kicking around the idea of getting the APR GT250 wing.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Allen - Thanks for the appreciation. I'm kicking around the idea of getting the APR GT250 wing.

Les I think it looks pretty cool but my personal thoughts are it is very rigid looking with hard angular aethsetics compared to the sleek curves of the stang. This is why I like this 350R Wing (I ripped this image of the internet) as it gives that same aggressive race look but is complimentry to the car lines yet still has the outer end plates that square off same as the 250. Either way it would look very cool and I can see why you are thinking that way! :headbang:
image.jpeg

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Les I think it looks pretty cool but my personal thoughts are it is very rigid looking with hard angular aethsetics compared to the sleek curves of the stang. This is why I like this 350R Wing (I ripped this image of the internet) as it gives that same aggressive race look but is complimentry to the car lines yet still has the outer end plates that square off same as the 250. Either way it would look very cool and I can see why you are thinking that way! :headbang:

Allan - Thanks for your thoughts! It definitely gives me something to think about. I wish vendors had a try before buy option so I could see which one would look best. I am also thinking about the Cervini cowl hood, but having the same dilemma.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Allan - Thanks for your thoughts! It definitely gives me something to think about. I wish vendors had a try before buy option so I could see which one would look best. I am also thinking about the Cervini cowl hood, but having the same dilemma.
Hey Les, Yeah it would be great if you can try before you buy. Even just to sit everything in place with a sales person holding it while you walk around eyeing off the lines while on car.

The Cervini is quite aggressive and should look good. I am having a hood similar to the TrueFibre A72 Air Ram but just a bit more aggressive. It is being custom made by a local car custom shop. I still want the front of the hood to have that roll down look as I think it works with the lines of the rear quarter panels as they roll into the door section. Your photo of your car shows this connection between the two really well.

I would be really keen to see your final setup. I love your car as it is so it should be killer by the time its all complete. You really have one hell of a ride going on there!

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Slightly off topic but what are people using to polish and keep these black beauties in tip top condition. My car is great but I'm just not happy with the swirls on th the hood. You can really see them in the sun.

IMG_20161120_172833.jpg

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Slightly off topic but what are people using to polish and keep these black beauties in tip top condition. My car is great but I'm just not happy with the swirls on th the hood. You can really see them in the sun.

This want take out the swirls, but once you get them out, you might want to try Pinnacle Soveran paste wax.

It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way. I've been using it to wax Ruby about every 5 to 6 months and she's still shining like a new dime. :cheers:

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Those are sweet pics - thanks! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I thought about a nice deep blue powdercoating to go with black to. Anyone have that?

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I just can't stop taking pictures of my black beast :hail:

IMG_20161203_010341.jpg

IMG_20161203_010315.jpg

IMG_20161203_010256.jpg

IMG_20161203_010220.jpg