Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have catted long tubes and I remember the first time they were installed with my Corsa Sport catback. Holy crap it's loud. The stock headers were still loud but tame enough. When I hit 3k rpm, it'll attract a lot of attention from the volume. I don't even want to know what the Extreme kit sounds like with headers. It has to be NASCAR loud.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Corsa Sport + Catted headers is what I'll be doing. I got the Sport's because I knew I was getting ARH catted longtube headers already.

Extremes are probably better off with stock headers.

Thinking about that as well. Are ARH better than Kooks? Wanted to go Corsa but (so far) they have only come out with catless headers, which won't let me pass inspection.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Thinking about that as well. Are ARH better than Kooks? Wanted to go Corsa but (so far) they have only come out with catless headers, which won't let me pass inspection.
Between these two better is purely subjective. When I bought the ARH cost a little more. These are also the only two I considered. I thought the ARH had a little deeper tone which is what I was after but it's likely a six of one half a dozen of another type thing. I also prefer an H over an X because I just dont like raspiness, but then again I'm old so...

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
What is this post supposed to be lol.
I hear this exhaust setup for 1 out of every 2 or 3 Mustang GT's (5.0 Coyotes) on the road. Please explain to me how is this an appealing sound.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Between these two better is purely subjective. When I bought the ARH cost a little more. These are also the only two I considered. I thought the ARH had a little deeper tone which is what I was after but it's likely a six of one half a dozen of another type thing. I also prefer an H over an X because I just dont like raspiness, but then again I'm old so...

Haha, not the youngest one here either. I like Corsa's x-pipe, gives it a unique tone but a tad deeper would be nice. Leaning towards ARH right now.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Haha, not the youngest one here either. I like Corsa's x-pipe, gives it a unique tone but a tad deeper would be nice. Leaning towards ARH right now.
Mine is catless with an H pipe. Loud when I first put it on and louder now to the point where mine is going in for a bunch of upgrades in a month and I'm actually considering having some Kook's cats welded in to tone it down a bit. A friend and neighbor has a Supersnake with a full Kook's system with cats and an x pipe and mine is noticeably lower and louder.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Here is my car at cold start up. It makes me giggle uncontrollably at start up. Then puts a huge smile on my face when ripping it on the streets. (not cop friendly)For the life of me, I can't grasp on how to embed the actual video.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Best way to describe the Corsa Xtreme is violent. Lol

Got the GT350 Corsa Xtreme catback fitted on my GT 5.0, paired up with the GT350 rear valence. Yes it fits, just need to switch out the small reducer connectors at the front, since the GT350 is a different size and doesn't work on the GT.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe all the years of Flowmaster Drone on Fox bodys and SN95's just ruined all of our hearing?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Best way to describe the Corsa Xtreme is violent. Lol

Got the GT350 Corsa Xtreme catback fitted on my GT 5.0, paired up with the GT350 rear valence. Yes it fits, just need to switch out the small reducer connectors at the front, since the GT350 is a different size and doesn't work on the GT.
That is always the word that comes to mind for me. The first hard pull gave me goosebumps.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Slightly off topic.. [MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] how are you passing PRK smog inspections?
Oh wait...did they change the law and new cars need smog after a few years? I can't remember, been since early '13 since I lived there.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I picked ARH because they do a direct 3" connection to the Corsa Sport with no downsizing. Not sure if Kook's offers that or not, but it probably doesn't affect much. You really can't go wrong with either brand. Both are top names with headers and have been for years.
Sponsored