Sponsored

The Stereotypical Corsa Extreme Owner

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I hear this exhaust setup for 1 out of every 2 or 3 Mustang GT's (5.0 Coyotes) on the road. Please explain to me how is this an appealing sound.

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Must be a lot of people running catless headers in Virginia Beach
Obviously the video I posted was an extreme example. But regardless of the particular setup, the Corsa Extreme mufflers produce that raspy tinny quality like a glasspack. It's just varying degrees of it depending on the exact setup.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Xtreme with headers is not a sound I enjoy, and I say that as someone who owns the catback. Too raspy, too much volume. With stock headers it's the most aggressive, racy and angry sound I've heard on this engine. It's not for everyone, I get that. For many, not deep enough. It's also not really very raspy at all, and far from tinny. I've had a tinny and raspy exhaust on my car. What it is, is very crisp and clear. All the firing events are clear, rather than muffled/resonated out.

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
Coming from a guy that has a Catless Longtube header setup and a Corsa Sport catback, I can honestly say I think the Extreme's sound like ass with Catless Headers. The sport is still loud but does have more depth to it.

It's kind of funny. Corsa is the new Flowmaster haha. I remeber first getting into Mustangs and EVERYONE had 40 Series Flowmasters with an H pipe. Now the new 5.0 EVERYONE has a Corsa set up.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Don't say anything bad about corsa on the facebook forums haha.

I agree with OP though. It's ridiculous.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have Corsa Extreme exhaust with stock manifolds. My son has Corsa Extreme exhaust with catless LT headers. I like the sound of the exhaust with stock manifolds. For my taste it is too loud/raspy with catless LTH. That said sound is a matter of individual taste. Some like it. Some don't. I do gt a lot of complements on it. Driving normally it sounds great. WOT it really is aggressive.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I agree, Corsa extreme + catless headers sounds trumpety/frappy/farty.
But my Corsa catback + stock headers is music to my ears.

Everyone has a different opinion about what sounds good. I am just glad Mustangs have so many options. If you can't find an exhaust you like, then you should probably get a pushrod V8.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I hear this exhaust setup for 1 out of every 2 or 3 Mustang GT's (5.0 Coyotes) on the road. Please explain to me how is this an appealing sound.

Pretty much the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Sounds terrible.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Corsa Sport + Catted headers is what I'll be doing. I got the Sport's because I knew I was getting ARH catted longtube headers already.

Extremes are probably better off with stock headers.

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
My Xtremes sound awesome on the stock headers so far. I want the added depth and tone of longtubes but even catted longtubes + xtremes just sounds ignorant haha. Catless like in that video is just way too loud for no good reason.

My only compromise when I go catted LTs is sell the axleback portion and replace with the sport section to quiet it down which sounds perfect. Or hack it up all and add like 4 resonators to try and tame it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I had Solo Street race and it makes a similar sound. Hollow raspy like someone is cutting a tin trash can.
I changed the mid pipe to Mach Thunder now it's a very beautiful sound almost european sound. Deep bassy with a hint of rasp.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
What is this post supposed to be lol.
Sponsored