Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
UPDATE

Started the install tonight after work. Got the car all setup and engine supported off of the engine mounts. Unfortunately USPS has lost my o2 extensions and I am debating just extending the harness myself if they dont miraculously get delivered tomorrow.
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Scott, any idea what the gauge of the primaries are? I've seen some advertised as 18 and some 16. Not sure what the bigger names like Kooks or ARH use

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Scott, any idea what the gauge of the primaries are? I've seen some advertised as 18 and some 16. Not sure what the bigger names like Kooks or ARH use
16 gauge Stainless Steel 304. They are actually thicker than Kooks

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
im interested on how this goes, i want headers next spring but with a kid in college funds are a little tight. and i damn sure ain't spending 1500 for headers, if these are nice and built well and fitment is good id run this route for sure

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
im interested on how this goes, i want headers next spring but with a kid in college funds are a little tight. and i damn sure ain't spending 1500 for headers, if these are nice and built well and fitment is good id run this route for sure
If this doesn't work out, I'd suggest checking out Stainless Power catless LT's. Not quite as cheap, but lots of members run them (myself included) and the build/fitment is fine.

Also, and this goes for all the mods I've done, wait for sales. I'm never in a rush to buy mods. I'll wait 6 months for 10-15% off lol. The SP catless LT's are already affordable, on sale they're a steal imo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Another UPDATE

I finished the passenger side last night. You have to pull out all the studs like CJPP video to fit these in. Also I reused the factory bolts but if I were to do it again I would look into getting bolts without nuts and keep the front one factory style.

It wasnt a deal breaker but definitely would have made it much easier. Now that the passenger side is over its on to the drivers side. I hope its easier LOL

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another UPDATE

I finished the passenger side last night. You have to pull out all the studs like CJPP video to fit these in. Also I reused the factory bolts but if I were to do it again I would look into getting bolts without nuts and keep the front one factory style.

It wasnt a deal breaker but definitely would have made it much easier. Now that the passenger side is over its on to the drivers side. I hope its easier LOL

I used a combination of factory studs and bolts. If I would have done it again, I would have gotten the ARP header kit ahead of time.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
to each is own. But i agree with backing American. It has also been proved over and over that you get what you pay for. You pay for it in quality. Material. cutomer support. Product backing and warranty. Fitment and finish. So buy once or re buy when you realize you should have just spent the money.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Another UPDATE

Both sides are in and I have good clearance from what I can tell on both sides. I have about the thickness of two nickles on the passenger side and about a 1/4 inch by the steering shaft. I haven't had to bend/dent anything. There are looking good.

Sponsored

DrDane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT A6 400A 3.55
Do these have merge spikes?
They do, I have had them on my car with paxton e85 or over 1000 miles no issues, LOUD sound even with MBRP. I sprayed mine with the Eastwood ceramic exhaust coating first, save more $$

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
[MENTION=26923]DrDane[/MENTION] NICE! Got any sound clips? Or maybe the OP will have one later. I'm just curious

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
to each is own. But i agree with backing American. It has also been proved over and over that you get what you pay for. You pay for it in quality. Material. cutomer support. Product backing and warranty. Fitment and finish. So buy once or re buy when you realize you should have just spent the money.
Lol nice blanket statement that is completely inaccurate. So I guess anything not made in america sucks? And everything made in America is the best? That's hilarious.

These headers look really good for the price. They look just like my stainless works headers. I would have bought them

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
huhm.... waiting on sound clips lol
Sponsored